android
Old 11-23-2007, 05:13 PM

Default liking it so far, esp for $35!

I just got the "Black Friday" deal from Best Buy- a 2gb Clip for $35 at Best Buy.. And so far I have some praises and complaints:

At first, navigating the menu was kinda tricky.. I think I got it now, after messing around with it for 15 minutes.
The screen is great- very easy to see in most environments.. Very bright and crisp.
The headphone jack was flaking out on me when I first plugged my headphones into it. I pushed them in a little further and turned the plug, and it's been fine ever since. Hopefully this is not a common problem.
FM radio is LOUD! I like it that way though- most FM tuners are quieter than the MP3 players.
It would be nice if the clip could rotate in 90 degree increments, so if I wanted to, I could clip it upside down to the bottom of my sleeve, and still read the screen.
Sound quality is GREAT- as great as people have been saying. I owned a Sansa E260 and that was NOT great sound-- THIS is great sound.

Now I have a question.. You know how you can navigate to a folder, select "Play all" or whatever? OK, so is there any way to add an entire folder of music to the "Now playing" list? I think my old M260 one had that feature if I remember right, Creative players usually have it, and Rockbox has it.. Kind of an "Add this folder to the end of the current queue".. That would be a great feature, and maybe it already exists, and I'm just not figuring it out.. And I'm not talking about the "Go list" either..

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
Now I have a question.. You know how you can navigate to a folder, select "Play all" or whatever? OK, so is there any way to add an entire folder of music to the "Now playing" list? I think my old M260 one had that feature if I remember right, Creative players usually have it, and Rockbox has it.. Kind of an "Add this folder to the end of the current queue".. That would be a great feature, and maybe it already exists, and I'm just not figuring it out.. And I'm not talking about the "Go list" either..

Thanks!
Given your first sentence, you must mean "folder" not in the disk directory sense, but a category within the Clip's database, such as Artist, Album, Genre, Playlist etc.? If so, I don't think there's any way to do that with the clip.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Yeah, using the term "folder" lightly.. I meant to say in general terms, is there any way to add an album or a whole artist, or whatever, to the end of a current "now playing" list.. But I think you answered my question.. Thanks.