android
Old 11-19-2007, 05:19 PM
gigman

Thumb Up a good idea for a new custom build

make it so that either when the bootloader loads, it asks u wether u want rockbox or sansa, and while in either one, have a shortcut, (like holding down the middle, the pressing, up, down, up, down, or somthing like that) to switch to the other one, cus it makes me mad when i foret to hold left or the opposite when i start it up, and also when ur in rockbox and need to go into sansa and have to restart it, and also the screen shouldnt turn realy bright after you hold down left for a while when u go into the sansa fw

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigman View Post
make it so that either when the bootloader loads, it asks u wether u want rockbox or sansa, and while in either one, have a shortcut, (like holding down the middle, the pressing, up, down, up, down, or somthing like that) to switch to the other one, cus it makes me mad when i foret to hold left or the opposite when i start it up, and also when ur in rockbox and need to go into sansa and have to restart it, and also the screen shouldnt turn realy bright after you hold down left for a while when u go into the sansa fw
Wow - this isn't txt messaging. I'm going to re-write it just so I can read it:

Quote:
(I think it would be a good idea to) make it so that either when the bootloader loads, it asks you which firmware to boot, and while in either one, have a shortcut, (like holding down the middle, then pressing, up, down, up, down, or something like that) to switch to the other one, because it makes me mad when I forget to hold left or the opposite when i start it up, and also when you are in rockbox and need to go into the OF and have to restart it, and also the screen shouldn't turn really bright after you hold down left for a while when you go into the OF

Also - that's a really long sentence.

We can not (easily) modify the OF, and this, can't make it boot into Rockbox.

As for the bootloader, it currently does let you choose which to boot, just without a menu. Feel free to make a patch that allows users to have a menu based interface.

Booting to the OF from Rockbox isn't possible, though the ROLO can boot to another copy of Rockbox. Maybe you could try modifying it to check to see if the selected MI4 is the Rockbox firmware or the OF, and rewrite the ROLO to allow booting to the OF.

Personally, I only use the OF for USB, so this patch wouldn't be of much use to me, but could be for others.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:19 PM
gigman

but i dont have any knoledge of code or anything like that, so i cant, it was just a good ideas form, not what im gonna do, tell me how

Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 AM

If you have Rockbox why you want to use OF?
OF it's right now for charging battery and coping files...and to do this you have too use a USB cable...and when you plug USB cable - Sansa turns into a OF (of course when you have a new bootloader).