android
Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Disable "instant on" in OF ?

Hi,

I'm new rockbox user - I like it very much (kudos to developers!).
When I want to charge my sansa or put files into it I have to boot OF (currently : 01.03.01H).
OF 01.03.01H has "instant on" feature and I have to press power button for 20 seconds to power off my sansa (to boot rockbox).
Is there any workaround ? (I don't want to downgrade OF to 1.02.xx - i don't want "refreshing database" on startup).
I'm asking on rockbox forum because I guess non-rockbox users love "instant on"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2007, 04:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

How are you updating Rockbox with it in MTP mode? But anyway, there is a way to disable the "Refreshing Database" in MSC mode.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:17 AM

Thanks for reply.
I think 01.03.01H has MSC, 01.03.07 has not (for Windows users). I'm linux user anyway.
I found thread about disabling database refresh here :
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=21313
"This works only when powered up via USB-connection AND when no microSD is inserted, manually booting into the OF via |<< or having a microSD inserted will still result in a database refresh!"
I prefer annoying powering off than annoying powering on, so I think I'll stick to 1.03

Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Rockbox Developer

This guide applies only to firmware less or equal 1.02.18. I recommend downgrading your firmware.

What annyoning powering on are you talking about? Rockbox takes 4 seconds to be booted.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
This guide applies only to firmware less or equal 1.02.18. I recommend downgrading your firmware.

What annyoning powering on are you talking about? Rockbox takes 4 seconds to be booted.
Booting to the OF. I think it's kinda like this:
We want to have the OF refresh disabled whenever we go into the OF, but at the same time we want to have the music database up to date. Granted, until we find out how to disable the OF refresh with the MicroSD card inserted, this won't matter, but I'm wondering how popular a bootloader could be that had the refresh always disabled by default, but would be enabled if holding the right button (or vice versa)

Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
Booting to the OF. I think it's kinda like this:
We want to have the OF refresh disabled whenever we go into the OF, but at the same time we want to have the music database up to date. Granted, until we find out how to disable the OF refresh with the MicroSD card inserted, this won't matter, but I'm wondering how popular a bootloader could be that had the refresh always disabled by default, but would be enabled if holding the right button (or vice versa)
Is that already possible with what's known about the e200? I'd love that as a boot option. I'm still using your Select button bootloader (holding Select is easier than |<<), so if you can make such a bootloader, I'd like to request a custom bootloader with Select to boot into the OF without a refresh and Record to boot into the OF with a refresh.