android
Old 10-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Oh... sorry... I forgot to read the manual. Loving Rockbox so far, just couldn't stand the sound quality from the OF... Oh and for some reason... everytime I re-open my saved Playlist in Rockbox the order of each song gets randomized.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap_pad View Post
Oh... sorry... I forgot to read the manual. Loving Rockbox so far, just couldn't stand the sound quality from the OF... Oh and for some reason... everytime I re-open my saved Playlist in Rockbox the order of each song gets randomized.
Shuffle on?

Charles

Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM

Oh... does that shuffle saving playlists as well? I never knew that... I seems that the codec problem is poping up again too... damn....

Also, the plugins also don't work sometimes, I think it has something to do with the database updating itself though.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 PM

Ok, I still get the codec and plugin/games/apps bug. They sometimes don't work but a simple reboot usually fixes it. But now I have another question... where are the playlists saved? It says "Playlists/<name of playlist>.m3u8" but I can't seem to find a Playlists directory...

Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, I still get the codec and plugin/games/apps bug. They sometimes don't work but a simple reboot usually fixes it. But now I have another question... where are the playlists saved? It says "Playlists/<name of playlist>.m3u8" but I can't seem to find a Playlists directory...
It might be hidden by the OF, try enabling "show all files".

Charles

Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 PM

Yup, you were right, it really was in a hidden folder and just an off topic question... how long is the battery supposed to last in Rockbox... I get around 3-4 hours... is that normal?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yup, you were right, it really was in a hidden folder and just an off topic question... how long is the battery supposed to last in Rockbox... I get around 3-4 hours... is that normal?
Is it through experience or are going by the battery meter? The battery meter is inaccurate- you should be able to get between 12 and 16 hours.

Charles

Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 PM

It's through experience... I use it on average around 2-4 hours a day and every 1-2 days depending on how much and how long I use it, it gives me the "battery low, system shutdown" message.

Sometimes if I press the power button a few more times it turns on though and the battery meter reads as usually around 40% and says I still have 2:30 hours. Then I just use it normally.

After that, I use it and once I turn it off again normally within the 2 hours, it gives me the battery low message again... even if I've only used it for like 10 minutes...

Should I buy a new battery? Or is something wrong with the bootloader that's not letting me go below 40% of my battery!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Ok... at first it stopped happening after I re-installed Rockbox and scandisked but now it's happening again:

1. I would select a song in my active playlist and it would show in the Now Playing screen as "Playing" but the progress bar would remain at 0:00 and no sound would come out. If I reload my playlist, everything would go back to normal.
2. Around 10% of the time, it will give me a "No Codec for (enter directory here)" message. A reboot will fix this usually.
3. Battery only charges to 85%
4. When I try to open the plugins sometimes it will give me a "Plugin not found" message...
5. When I select the option "Warn when replacing dynamic playlist" in the Settings > General > Playlist options, it will work if I delete the active playlist right after I activate the option but afterwards the warning never comes up.
6. "Recently Added" doesn't work in the Database
7. "History" doesn't work in the Database except for "Never Played"

Is something wrong with my Sansa??? Should I return it for a e200R?

Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
1. I would select a song in my active playlist and it would show in the Now Playing screen as "Playing" but the progress bar would remain at 0:00 and no sound would come out. If I reload my playlist, everything would go back to normal.
2. Around 10% of the time, it will give me a "No Codec for (enter directory here)" message. A reboot will fix this usually.
I know you are using my build. Upgrade to the next build when I release it later on tonight. A lot of this have been fixed in SVN.

Quote:
6. "Recently Added" doesn't work in the Database
7. "History" doesn't work in the Database except for "Never Played"
"Gather Runtime data" is currently broken in Rockbox.

Quote:
Is something wrong with my Sansa??? Should I return it for a e200R?
No, there is nothing wrong with your Sansa. There have been some major changes in Rockbox recently and not all the bugs have been fixed yet.

Charles

Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Thank god! Eagerly awaiting your build! I love how the Rockbox community is so helpful!