android
Old 08-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimLXJ View Post
I have a question to ask; If I update my RockBox do I have to install ReverseBL again or is it there forever until I uninstall it by using the ReverseBL
You don't need to do it again after updating Rockbox. It is forever until you install another bootloader.

Charles

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Okay that sounds great, thanks cpchan!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Help

Hello i was reading all of the post and got a little confused... I want to have the backward boot in my sansa, i already installed the rockbox in it. i tried to use the sansapatcher.exe file but it says it can find any sansa connected... is there any step by step guide to do it? i tried copying the ReverseBL-2007-07-31.mi4 file as pp5022.mi4 file in the root directory, then restart the player and boot it in original firmware mode (pressing rew) so it updates the firmware, and didn't worked...

Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 AM

Ok, i have just get it, i did it again and it worked fine! so now i wanted to know how can i use themes on the original boot.
Thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckx View Post
Hello i was reading all of the post and got a little confused... I want to have the backward boot in my sansa, i already installed the rockbox in it. i tried to use the sansapatcher.exe file but it says it can find any sansa connected... is there any step by step guide to do it? i tried copying the ReverseBL-2007-07-31.mi4 file as pp5022.mi4 file in the root directory, then restart the player and boot it in original firmware mode (pressing rew) so it updates the firmware, and didn't worked...

Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 PM

hey

i have installed rockbox on my sansa e260 and it worked perfect and the second boot was my original sansa firmware,now when i tried to install the ReverseBL (according the sticky) it just didnt work , i red very topic on this forum and the rockbox forum about this issue but i couldnt fix it.can some please make a mini-guide (noobfree) how to do this becasue i dont understand these simple 3step description.please help

Old 10-12-2007, 09:43 AM

My Sansa has been laying on the shelf for almost a year. If I remember correctly, when I installed Rockbox and ReverseBL(almost a year ago.... well MANY months anyhow), I did everything "by hand" as none of the "auto tools" (sansa patcher, etc) were even available at that time.

Now I want to remove rockbox and start over. Can I use SansaPatcher with the U option to get rid of the modified BL, then delete the .rockbox directory and be back to a "factory default" condition on the firmware?

Thanks

B F

Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofus View Post
Now I want to remove rockbox and start over. Can I use SansaPatcher with the U option to get rid of the modified BL, then delete the .rockbox directory and be back to a "factory default" condition on the firmware?
I presume you are using Windows. The easiest way for you is to run "Sansa Firmware updater" to restore your device to the OF and start over.

Charles

Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Thanks

...for the info.

Sansa Firmware Updater doesn't let you specify what version to restore, does it?? You just get the "current" version by default?

At one time, there was a situation where if you updated past a certain version of Sansa's firmware, you could NEVER install Rockbox again, because Sansa changed the way the BL worked.

Am I worried for nothing?

B F

P.S. Yes, I'm on Windows.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boofus View Post
At one time, there was a situation where if you updated past a certain version of Sansa's firmware, you could NEVER install Rockbox again, because Sansa changed the way the BL worked.
No, this is untrue. The firmware name was changed to firmware.mi4 if you want to install it by placing it in the root directory- that is all. The only problem that you might encounter is that the Rockbox bootloader only looks for certain OF versions to autoboot when you insert the USB cable, so you might need to hold the << button. If you want to be really safe you can
  1. Download an unencrypted OF for the e200 from here:
    http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/mi4.html
  2. Rename it to firmware.mi4.
  3. Place it in the root directory of your player and disconnection the device.

Charles

Old 11-03-2007, 04:02 PM

The idea of this bootloader is great, but it has the two-line bug on the top of the screen, as opposed to the official bootloaders.
Please Fix it if you can!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikomraz View Post
The idea of this bootloader is great, but it has the two-line bug on the top of the screen, as opposed to the official bootloaders.
Please Fix it if you can!
Give me a few minutes, and I'll have an updated copy up.

e200: http://chrisjs.com/ReverseBL.zip

e200R: http://chrisjs.com/ReverseBL-e200r.zip

Old 12-14-2007, 11:07 PM

I have a new version out that is up-to-date with current SVN, and has e200R and e200 bootloaders. Both are available on my site. I updated my MultiBL, so I figured I'd do this too.

Screen glitch is fixed.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:50 AM

Hi, I have installed the reverse BL but I now cannot get RB to load. I am holding the select button (I'll assume that's the big one in the middle) but its just goes straight through the sandisk startup as if RB isn't even on there.

I had recently installed some new OF (01.02.18E) so I thought that could be it, so I reinstalled the ReverseBL but it still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:41 PM

So the process you should have done was
1. upgrade new OF 01.02.18e
2. install ReverseBL
3. Get a daily build of Rockbox or one of the custom ones here.
4. Unzip the contents of the build to your sansa's root directory. i.e. I:/
5. Turn on sansa
6. Quickly press and hold down the center button until you see the rockbox logo/boot screen.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:02 PM

Hmm I hadn't renistalled rockbox, it was already there. Should i try that?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:18 PM

I don't know for certain, but if you upgraded your OF, I believe it deletes everything...therefore you have to reinstall bootloader and reinstall rockbox.

so yes, reinstall rockbox. You should have folders on your sansa after you install bootloader and rockbox that look like;

I:/music/
I:/Photos/
I:/Playlists/
I:/.rockbox/

Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 PM

This is very nice; works perfectly. Thanks!

I love all the Rockbox builds available here, but they sometimes get too glitchy for me to continue using them as my primary firmware. With your ReverseBL, I can keep things simple by using the OF, and play with Rockbox on the occasions I need its capabilities.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 AM

Here is the reverse bootloader with svn code from today(1.5.08). I did not use the patch from the original poster but modified it myself in a much simpler way. Use at Your Own Risk
Attached Files
File Type: zip rv-bl.mi4.zip (29.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: zip rv-bl.patch.zip (471 Bytes, 3 views)

Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Does this work well for the e260r? How exactly do I install it for that?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron11 View Post
Does this work well for the e260r? How exactly do I install it for that?
Also, is the e200r version a bootloader or another firmware. I read the instructions and that confused me.