android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung T10

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2007, 10:35 AM

Smile Samsung is not the faceless monolith I have so far supposed.

Friday something VERY unexpected happened... I got an email from an individual within Samsung's knowledge base team. This person actively reads forums and other internet sources, listening to how people use their products, what they like and don't like, etc, and passes the info along to Samsung's VOC (Voice of the Customer) department. They had read my post here, researched my case, and apologized for the poor service I had received. They said they would personally help me with my issues, and get me some answers.

First of all, they checked with marketing... the T-10 *is* going to have Bluetooth phone support, but it has been pushed back until December. So the senior tech misinformed me on that.

Second, regarding UMS support, "Regarding UMS and MSC support, I was informed once that if a manufacturer wants to provide support for UMS on an MTP device, there are additional licenses and fees associated". The rep said that they are strongly lobbying for UMS support for this device however, and providing feedback from forums such as these as evidence of what the public wants. So speak up people!

Third, regarding firmware updates, the rep suggests that even if the firmware on the server is the same firmware as on the player, copying the files onto the player should reinstall the firmware. So there may in fact be an issue with this aspect of the device. The rep has given me an extensive set of new things to try however that I haven't run through yet, so we're still working on it.

BTW, I keep referring to this person as "the rep" or "they" because they asked I not identify them by name. They had their info posted to a forum once and got way more communications than they could handle.

I want to pass along one quote however... "
I’m working on it and I won’t quit – guarantee."

Sounds like we've got someone on our side.