android
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM

Lightbulb Can it use the old Sansa Speaker Dock E100?

I was considering bying the old Sansa Speaker Dock E100 since I have an old M250 player. The Sansa Clip appears to have the same USB interface as the M250, so I was wondering if maybe they're interchangeable?

I've given the M250 away, but if I buy the Clip, a combined speaker dock sounds useful.

----

If the dock uses standard USB mass storage connection, then it should work. And the Clip should also work in a car with a USB interface. And with some extra cables you should be able to get almost any USB mass storage compatible player to work with the dock?

I guess that's the same question, part two?

Last edited by groovingalong; 10-16-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Got a second idea for why it might work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-29-2007, 12:22 PM

I think I just answered my own question. I've got the dock now - I gave the old m250 to my dad, and bought the dock for him (he's very happy, BTW, and my mom's envious of the dock/player combo - it's so small and she thinks the sound is very good for the size).

And the answer is - no the Clip was not built for the dock. The "compatible" connection for the dock connects to both the headphone and USB at the same time - fixed distance between them.

So the only way to use the Sansa Clip with the speaker dock, is to use it the same way you'd use any other MP3 player - by connecting to the mini-jack sound cable and jacking up the sound on the player.