android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa

Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 AM

Exclamation Sandisk 1gb Reformatting Problem (you've probably had it all before)

OK, bare with me cause i'm not very good at describing this situation...

Product = Sandisk Micro SD Transflash 1gb Phone Card

Phone = Motorola SLVR V3 (Perfectly Compatible)

Problem:

Phone cannot read anything on it and Phone says "Storage Device Unreadable, Format now?" (press ok) "Formatting will erase all data. Continue?" (Click yes)... Format Complete... except it isnt, try to access the card again and have to "Re-format" again and again etc....

Then plug the card into my computer via my card reader, and the computer doesn't even recognize that its there... then my computer crashes...

There is no Icon or anything... So I cant even reformat it on the computer!

Please someone help me because i dont know what to do and i don't want to throw it away lol.

Cheers

Steve

Sorry if you've heard all this before its just i didnt have time to search around the site for similar issues... thanks again

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Try reformatting through Disk Management instead. Right-click on My Computer, click Manage, then click Disk Management. Insert the disk, see if it shows up on the bottom half of the window (probably as Disk 1 or Disk 2; Disk 0 is your computer's hard drive, others may be present as well.) Right-click on it and hit Format if it does, and go through the prompts.

In the end, you probably need to just call SanDisk and get an RMA, or return it to the store. Don't throw it out, unless it's a fake card from eBay, in which case you can still use it to level furniture or something.

BTW, this isn't a memory card or phone forum, it's more meant for MP3 players. You're probably better off just calling SanDisk tech support, it's what they're there for.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 AM

Just call Sandisk Tech support.