android
Old 09-16-2007, 03:37 PM

Default The easiest way to rip a DVD for D2 usage?

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum so in advance I'm sorry if any of these following questions are stupid
I received my D2 player a couple of days ago and I am very impressed with the overall performance.
I just bought a bunch of DVD's I always wanted to own (American Psycho, saving private Ryan, Solaris, Munich ...) and now I wanted to put them on my new D2. I already got used to jetAudio software and I know how to convert .avi, .mpg or similar files to the 320x240 res. The thing is I don't know how to rip a DVD to a single .avi/.mpg file on my laptop.
Can you guys suggest anything?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

You can try using iRiverter. It rips and encodes directly to the target device with the appropriate profile, and does it almost in a single click. You can choose what chapters you want to rip, and also which subtitle and audio track to be included in the target file.

You can find the links for the app and the profile in this post on iAudiophile.net. Thanks, dfkt!

Most commercial DVD's have a copy-protection mechanism, but I was able rip several movies and live concerts using this app. Worth trying.

Old 09-17-2007, 02:33 AM

If copy protection gets in your way, just use DVD Decrypter before you feed the VOBs to iRiverter.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I use HandBrake personally, iriverter is easier though

Old 09-23-2007, 08:33 PM

I also use Handbrake and think its great. I also use VisualHub for making sure existing videos on my machine work well on the D2.