android
Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Alternate method for OTG use?

I already know that the function of the tactile buttons can be changed when the Hold switch is engaged. But is it also true that these buttons respond to short taps and long taps? I thought I read somewhere that a short tap can be used to skip tracks while a longer tap (pressing and holding the button down) can be used to make volume adjustments. This seems like a more practical alternative to toggling the Hold switch. Can anyone confirm?

I was also wondering about the sensitivity of the touch screen. If I were to use the D2 with a carabiner, could the weight of an untucked shirt accidentally activate it?

Thanks in advance,

Sly

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-21-2007, 10:02 AM

In hold mode, a short click on the +/- buttons skips tracks while a longer one forwards or rewinds. It's not possible with the current firmwares to have skip/ffwd/rew and volume changes, both in hold mode. For volume, you have to unlock the hold mode. I got used to it, it's not that bad (but of course, 2 more buttons would have been nice, or at least a damn remote control).

I often use the D2 in my trouser pockets without locking the screen, the sensitivity seems quite well balanced.