android
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM

Exclamation C140 Cpr

I tried synching with a different program than I had been using, "Good Sync" in MSC mode, and when I disconected, my C140 wouldn't load past the SANDISK intro screen. I have no idea if the program caused the problem or not.

I did a search for "recovery" in the C100 forum and repeatedly tried all the suggestions. Failure

What worked?

With the battery in, and the unit off, I attached the USB cord, I right clicked on My Computer/Manage/Disk Management...the C140 didn't show up

While keeping the Disk Management screen on the computer, I disconnected the USB cord from the C140 and reconnected to the cord a time or two with the unit turned on, and I was now past the SANDISK screen

Without turning the unit off, I attached the USB cord again, and waited a few seconds and 'poof' it suddenly showed up on the Disk Management screen

Holy cow...I was making progress! I did a full format using FAT32, loaded up using Comodo Backup (free software I use to synch with) and all is right in SanDisk world

I hope this will be helpful to someone else if they think their unit is a goner.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]