android
Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Default V-MODA Bass Freq Earbuds?

i am considering buying these, and i was wondering what they are like for sound quality? i like a good in ear-bud.

i was just wondering what its like.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM

from everyone else's comments. LOTS of bass, decent everything else.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:52 PM

well i have a cowon iaudio 7 so i could tweak the bass .

but decent everything else you say... i have a pair of $10 skullcandy ink'd buds. was wondering if they are alot better or what.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't have the Bass Frq, but the Vibe. V-Moda makes good phones, but the similar priced CrossRoads MylarOne XB is the best phone in this price range, IMO.

It's quite an upgrade to any Skullcandy stuff...

Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy View Post
well i have a cowon iaudio 7 so i could tweak the bass .

but decent everything else you say... i have a pair of $10 skullcandy ink'd buds. was wondering if they are alot better or what.
i saw those skullcandy ear-buds at FYE at the mall and they also have the V-Moda Bass Freq and i was like holy crap-OMG! i've heard the skullcandys break easily.

Edit: i've read that the cord on the V-Moda Vibes break easy but idk if that's true.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I don't have the Bass Frq, but the Vibe. V-Moda makes good phones, but the similar priced CrossRoads MylarOne XB is the best phone in this price range, IMO.

It's quite an upgrade to any Skullcandy stuff...

yea ive been considering buying better earbuds just to see what they are like, and i am faced with a gift type opportunity and i didnt really want to spend much more then $30. $65 for the vibes is too much, but i saw the bass freqs are like 31-ish so i was like maybe... since i know the vibes are a good product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURR View Post
i saw those skullcandy ear-buds at FYE at the mall and they also have the V-Moda Bass Freq and i was like holy crap-OMG! i've heard the skullcandys break easily.

Edit: i've read that the cord on the V-Moda Vibes break easy but idk if that's true.

i havent had them break, i heard the left 1 breaks frequently... but they have a lifetime warranty on them to to be replaced for free i believe. check into it if your interested i am not certain exactly.

i was also curious, if you people were faced with a choice, sennheiser cx300 or the vmoda vibes, which?

Old 08-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
i was also curious, if you people were faced with a choice, sennheiser cx300 or the vmoda vibes, which?
Since I have both: Vibes, hands-down.

But as I said, the MylarOne XB are again a lot better sounding than the Vibes, for the same price (more or less).

Old 08-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Vibes!

Of course, I may be biased, since I already own a pair.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Vibes!

Of course, I may be biased, since I already own a pair.
I don't think that's a biased answer. I own the cx300 and if isolation is of no concern... umm, carry the two and... yep, that makes 3 votes for the vibes.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:07 AM

I havent listened to the vibes but from everything Ive read they're a great selection. On the other hand, I do own the CX300s, MylarOne CrossRoads X3 and the XBs. My votes on the MylarOne CrossRoads XBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander View Post
that makes 3 votes for the vibes.

btw zed, this makes 2 for the XB's, come on Enzo, Tobey, & JD what's your opinion.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 AM

vibes!

I havent heard either so im just picking one =)

Old 08-24-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh brother...

Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Oh brother...

Two times....

Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I havent listened to the vibes but from everything Ive read they're a great selection. On the other hand, I do own the CX300s, MylarOne CrossRoads X3 and the XBs. My votes on the MylarOne CrossRoads XBs

btw zed, this makes 2 for the XB's, come on Enzo, Tobey, & JD what's your opinion.

I have the first gen gunmetal black vibes, and they are a great sounding phone. I also have the CrossRoads XB's....

My pick is the XB's. The vibes sound a bit empty when I compare the two. The XB's provide, IMO, a full, fun sound.

3 up, bitches....

Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 PM

Definitely... I was A/B-testing them for hours. Here's what I posted on Head-Fi:

Quote:
Spent the last few hours A/Bing several IEMs with the XB's. Oli84, if you don't mind paying more, the Atrios certainly are better in almost any aspect. The XB's do have more treble energy, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are more detailed sounding. The mids of the Atrios are better, more natural. The bass of the Atrios is detailed and punchy, the XBs sound more boomy and all over the place (at least after these few hours of usage). The Atrios are overall more refined. In this case, you get what you pay for.

After these few hours it's already obvious that the XB's kick the stuffing out of the V-Moda Vibes (which the X3's certainly didn't do for me). The Vibes sound nasal, tinny, veiled, flat, in comparison. The XB's are full, round, and the treble is less sibilant. Since I use the Vibes mostly for listening to audio books in bed (the place I need their glamorous luxury appearance the most), the sound is of not much importance to me. They still are the most comfortable IEMs for me, and they're forgiving to bad audiobook compression rates.

The XB's showed me how "meh" the X3's are for my tastes - far too little bass, far too much treble. I guess this means "balanced sound" to Ety or K701 freaks... Going from the X3 to the XB certainly lets the X3s appear to have more clarity/detail/resolution, but after closer listening I think that only comes from the exaggerated treble and almost non-existent bass. It might be a tiny little more clarity in reality, but not a lot. It's hard to judge. IMO the X3's are "unnatural" and "anemic" sounding (but everyone hears different things with their X3's). One thing is for sure, my X3's will be up for sale.

Compared to the Super.Fi 5 EB the XB's are less bloated bass-wise (but extend almost as deep), have better midrange and a wider soundstage. They're also much more comfortable. In short, don't waste your money on the Super.Fi EB.

Didn't feel the need to dig up my CX300, ER6, and whatnot, since I don't listen to them anyways - and they're beyond comparison...

Let's hope the XBs sound similar if I try them again tomorrow... they might be a fine alternative to the Atrios for working out and similar risky business, equipment-wise.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:39 PM

Terrific comparison. And thanks for posting it here, WebSense blocks head-fi for me.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Okay, so what does that make the vote count now?

Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Okay, so what does that make the vote count now?
Did you miss JD's reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
......3 up, bitches....

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-11-2007, 06:43 PM

I've owned the V-Moda Bass Freqs, and the connection cord broke after 4 months of moderate-heavy use providing partial-ear sound. The sound quality is good, but you may want to use an equalizer on your mp3 player to reduce the heavy bass. "noise cancellation" works well, more of a noise blocker. I wouldn't spend over 25.

There is no cure for stupid