android
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM

Default D2 is pretty amazing! (And some video questions)

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions earlier... I bought a D2 and I'm really enjoying it! Great sound!

I was originally after a great sounding audio player. But the D2 has really good video capabilities too.

Forgive the newbie question...

What's the best way to get video onto the D2? Can I use Jet-thingie (can't remember the name of the software that comes with it) to translate DVDs?

Also, what is the best source for online downloads of music videos? I would liek to download video clips from things like The Eagles Hell Freezes Over tour and things like that.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-27-2007, 10:32 AM

You can you handbrake to convert the DVD files after they've been ripped to you computer. You can use Jetaudio to convert AVI's

Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM

I'd do it that way:

DVDs: DVD Decrypter > iRiverter
Online videos (YouTube, etc.): Ripzor (or Video Downloader plugin for FF) > SUPER (c)

Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I'd do it that way:

Online videos (YouTube, etc.): Ripzor (or Video Downloader plugin for FF) > SUPER (c)
Hello!! Why do you use DVD Decrypter before iRiverter? To keep the decoded DVD files for later use?

Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 AM

iRiverter doesn't handle copy protected DVDs, afaik - did you get iRiverter to work directly on a commercial DVD?

(I'm not doing any DVD rips like this, I just suggested the most hassle-free way. I'm using R4R/DGIndex/BeSweet/GKnot/AVISynth/VDubMod, for absolutely best quality possible - then use Badak to convert the good rips to the D2's specs.)

Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
iRiverter doesn't handle copy protected DVDs, afaik - did you get iRiverter to work directly on a commercial DVD?
Actually, I ripped my Matrix DVD to AVI and copied it to my Meizu M6. Worked just fine. Of course, that doesn't mean it will work with every commercial DVD out there.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM

You don't have DVD Region Free (or any other CSS/MV unlocker) running in the background? Interesting, I didn't know iRiverter's Mencoder backend has any internal DeCSS routines.

EDIT: found this in Mencoder's manual:

Quote:
DVD decryption. DVD decryption is done by libdvdcss. The method can be specified through the DVDCSS_METHOD environment variable, see the manual page for details.
Maybe iRiverter links to that library internally, I don't know... I've only seen threads by people having trouble ripping directly from a protected DVD with iRiverter.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, my PC has lots of stuff in it... actually, my PC is a real mess ! I have DVD Decrypter, AutoGK, DVD Shrink, compilers, HTML editors, a handful of games, syncing software for my Creative players... the list goes on and on. So, maybe iRiverter is using some library it found in my computer.

But I don't have DVD Region Free or similar software installed (unless it was installed by some of the above programs).

Old 08-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Did you all start speaking Greek or something?

Remember... I'm a complete newbie with video. I think I understood maybe 1/3 of one post so far.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Don't worry, try either iRiverter alone, as Almoxil suggested, or if it doesn't work, try DVD Decrypter before that. That's all you need to know.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:28 PM

OK, thanks for speaking English that time.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Alright.... I tried last night... I pulled a random DVD to test it on... Shreck

I downloaded iReverter. After trying to read the chapters for 15 minutes, I decided to try DVDDecoder instead.

DVDDecoder took about 20 minutes, and I ended up with a bunch of files. I then pulled up JetAudio, and clicked on "convert Video." I added one of the files, just to see what it was. It was a scene part way through the movie.

So now I know that I have many files, which together comprise the DVD as a whole.

I started to convert the file, just to see what would happen, but 15 minutes into I decided it was already too late (1:30), hit cancel and went to bed.

Based on the above, do any of you have any suggestions? Did I do anything obviously stupid to make converting a fraction of Shreck take over 15 minutes?

BTW, iReverter does not support D2 output, only X5, which ends up looking like a postage stamp on the larger D2 screen.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:07 PM

You have to tell DVD Decrypter to write the DVD's content to a single file. Choose mode > IFO mode -- then go to settings > IFO setting > file splitting > none.

Then use my D2 profile for iRiverter to convert the huge VOB: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=11687

Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 PM

Seems like a real hassle...

So, I'll forget about full length movies.

Is there a web sight like iTunes where you can buy music videos?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 PM

You only have to do these setup steps once. After that, you click one button in DVD Decrypter, and one button in iRiverter.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I'd do it that way:

Okay, I'm pretty much a newbie so please clue me in on how to "download" youtube videos.

AFAIK you have to email it to yourself, or is there some other way. There are quite a few I would like to play on the D2.

Thanks.

this2

Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Go to ripzor.com, download the video according to the info found on that site.

Then use SUPER to convert it to a format the D2 can read. (AVI container, DivX or XviD, 320x240px, ~500kbps, MP3 audio)

Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 AM

By hassle, I mean it takes forever.

I have found a few music videos here and there.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I use Handbrake for DVDs, I had sync problems with iriverter, none with the few times I used Handbrake (don't really use the video feature much).