android
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Cheap decent comp/mp3 speakers?

ok well ive been doing a little research and ive come down to three speakers that i might get. the Logitech X230's, Logitech X240's and the Logitech Z4's. i can get all of these for less than 50 bucks which ones do you reccomend? i was going to get originally some Creative i-Trigue L3500's which from the reviews i read sounded extremely good, but the ebay seller that was selling them ran out. im guessing the Logitech Z4's? these are the more expensive ones out of the bunch, im just not sure if they are worth it. they look worth it because there a gorgeous set of speakers

Z4's: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...s/253&cl=us,en

X230's: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...s/208&cl=us,en

X240's: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...s/232&cl=us,en

Im not going to be buying them from Logitech's online store. these are just ehre webpages that have all the info. OR if theres another Set of speakers that is in that price range your welcome to post them.

thanks. the max that i can spend is around 55 Us dollars.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 AM

Ramon, You might also consider the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's in that range you're looking at... http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...media-2-1.aspx

I have been using the 4.1 Pro Media's for several years and the sound can't be beat.. killer sub-woofer and excellent sound at very low all the way to lease-breaking sound levels...clean, dynamic sound, well-built design...

Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Last week I got myself the newer Promedia GMX A-2.1 version for my bedroom... they're decent speakers for the price, lots better than the Creatives and Logitechs I heard.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Yep.. the newer model should be considered too..

dfkt, Funny how Altec-Lansing, Logitech and Creative use to all be considered low-end speakers and now they seem to be overly-represented.... nice enough designs and all, but there are definitely better choices for quality sound reproduction.

Of course Steve Jobs replaced his high-end stereo system with an iPod Hi-Fi... didn't he?
I'm sure he said he was going to..
One of the silliest statements I've ever heard....

Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM

lol. those are way over my price range. either way i got my mom to get me the Logitech Z4's.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 PM

I suggest the Logitech X230 speaker set, that's what I use, they have a wondderful sound, and can go pretty loud as well, they are not really that big, I was using my set on my PC untill my mom yelled at me for having Battlefeild 2142 too loud on them, now I have them hooked up to my PS2 in my room.

the bass isn't all that loud to me, but if you look at reveiws some people say the bass is only "tamable if you set it to minimum" they know NOTHING!!!

I got my set for $30 (US) off of tigerDirect.com it's where I get all of my computer/music stuff, (but I got my T9 off of Amazon.com for 99$ US) awhile ago that speaker set was on sale for 20$, excelent value. my freind's sister is a complete music junkie who will only buy massive, good speaker sets, and I made her listen to some Godsmack on my speakers and she asked me if I had payed 75$ for the set because it sounded so good

Old 08-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Z2300?

Might I also suggest the Logitech z2300? I have this system in my room. These are in the price range of the klipsch pro media 2.1's. Though these have explosive power for PC speakers. That's 400 watts. These are worth the extra money. Though be sure you have room for the huge 35lbs 8" ported subwoofer. And yes, I'll guarantee you that it shakes walls. The Logitech's also come with a 2-year warrenty.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/sp...s/231&cl=us,en

Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 PM

I think it's more your preference, read some reveiws, choose the one you like most, if you're a bass head you might want the x230s, if you like more range of sound try one of the others, it's really your call, all 3 are good sets