android
Old 07-31-2007, 08:22 PM

I fixed the code bug. It was a simple cut-paste to flip the order of the boot process. It was trying the hidden partition in the wrong place. It works with sansapatcher and supports the hidden partition now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2007, 09:21 AM

I put your ReverseBL on yesterday, before the new versions was posted, and it caused a small problem. When I turn on the player, it says "can't find /System/OF.bin". I can boot into rockbox by holding down the select key, but I can't boot into the original firmware.

Any way I can fix this easily, or do I need to use e200tool? I can't put anything on the player, since USB in Rockbox doesn't work yet...

Oh yeah, I have an e270 - does anyone have the i2c.bin from an e270?

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Rockbox Developer

You don't use an i2c.bin to recover. You should never, EVER EVER need an i2c.bin unless your player no longer boots to anything except a pure black screen, or unless you're hacking something significantly more in depth than Rockbox.

For recovery you just need to boot recovery mode, and put an original firmware mi4 file (NOTHING ELSE) into the 16mb partition.

If you could tell me if there's something that suggests to you that you need the i2c.bin, we can get that fixed.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Nothing suggests that...I was just jumping to conclusions.

Your fix worked perfectly. Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
You don't use an i2c.bin to recover. You should never, EVER EVER need an i2c.bin unless your player no longer boots to anything except a pure black screen, or unless you're hacking something significantly more in depth than Rockbox.

For recovery you just need to boot recovery mode, and put an original firmware mi4 file (NOTHING ELSE) into the 16mb partition.

If you could tell me if there's something that suggests to you that you need the i2c.bin, we can get that fixed.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 PM

Put your latest version on, and all is working fine now.

Thanks for this.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 PM

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding recovery - There is no reason to use anything but recovery mode, as Llorean said. Only put OF on in recovery mode.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 PM

just installed it..it boots into the original firmware fine but when i try to boot into rockbox it keeps on booting into the orignal firmware mmm.
Edit: The only way i can get it to semi work is to run sansapatcher.exe the run the RVBL then when i press the select button it comes up with a bootloader screen which i don't normally get but! it still acts like the normal boot loader so i still have to press the reverse/back button to boot into the orignal firmware. im totally lost am i doing something wrong? I'm using cphans branch with an e250 btw.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 AM

Make sure you have the latest version. There was a bug in the previous one that caused that. Also make sure you are using sansapatcher correctly. If the problem persists let me know and I'll try to duplicate it.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 AM

Im useing the latest one (2007-07-31). This is how I've installed the rvbk. downloaded rvbl then re named the rvbl then told it to open using "sansapatcher.exe". When I do click on the rvbl a quick prompt comes up for about 0.1 of a sec the sansa states its writing I then un plug the sansa and then the sansa wont boot into rockbox only the orignal firmware. I think I've been doing something wrong when it comes to installing it.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't tested it, but here's a copy of sansapatcher with the reverseBL built in, so 'sansapatcher.exe -a ReverseBL<date>.mi4' isn't required, only 'sansapatcher.exe'

digerati1338 - Feel free to use this if you want

Actually, hold on - I forgot two things: I just built it on Linux, so it wouldn't work on Windows, and the forum doesn't allow exe's to be uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sansapatcher.zip (39.2 KB, 66 views)

Old 08-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As far as *.exe's are concerned - just pack them with ZIP.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
Actually, hold on - I forgot two things: I just built it on Linux, so it wouldn't work on Windows, and the forum doesn't allow exe's to be uploaded.
I have just tried it on windows it works like a charm now nice work and thanks digerati1338 and chrisjs162216!
Edit: It seems to install both bootloaders (kind of)if you hold down the left/back/reverse button it will boot into the sansa firmware like it does with the normal bootloader has the boot screen and everything all though its probably expected to happen. If started and left untouched it will still boot into the orignal firmware like it is supposed too and it boots into rockbox fine when the select button is held.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:06 AM

I installed both ReverseBL and digerati1338's version of RB. It worked fine until i accidentally set both the background and foreground colors to red (im special like that). I tried to reinstall RB using the auto update that digerati provided, but it didn't reset the colors. So I manually deleted RB, but ReverseBL is still functioning, and my player won't respond to the power button. It turns on only when connected to the computer.

my improvements always seem to get me in trouble.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you set the colors to the same (that's fun trying to undo without a computer ) you could just delete the config file (X:\.rockbox\config.cfg) which would reset everything. Are you sure nothing is blocking the power button, and you tried holding power for 20 seconds, and then pressed power again (holding for 20 seconds is a hard poweroff)?

It seems really odd that the power button would stop working...

Old 08-15-2007, 11:52 AM

the player functions normally when connected to the computer, however when unplugged, it simply turns off instead of rebooting. While connected to the computer, the 20sec hold on the power button does shut it off, but once off, it refuses to turn on unless i plug in the cable. I have reinstalled rockbox, then completely removed rockbox and attempted to replace the original firmware, but nothing removes the ReverseBL sequence. I don't think this is a super serious problem, otherwise it wouldn't function at all, but its still frustrating.

im going to try moving the battery and see if the connection isn't correct, cuz that would explain why it only powers on (when functioning on external power)

Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That sounds like a battery problem. Try reseating the battery and then allow it to charge. There's been times where I would go to unplug my Sansa and it'd just shut off. If reseating and recharging the battery doesn't work, you may need to have the battery replaced (about US$20)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:00 PM

all set, thanks for the assistance

Old 08-15-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargrath View Post
I have just tried it on windows it works like a charm now nice work and thanks digerati1338 and chrisjs162216!
Edit: It seems to install both bootloaders (kind of)if you hold down the left/back/reverse button it will boot into the sansa firmware like it does with the normal bootloader has the boot screen and everything all though its probably expected to happen. If started and left untouched it will still boot into the orignal firmware like it is supposed too and it boots into rockbox fine when the select button is held.
Yes, I changed the button from left to select since it is easier to use. Thus, pressing any other button (left, right, up, down, whatever) will not change anything.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digerati1338 View Post
Yes, I changed the button from left to select since it is easier to use. Thus, pressing any other button (left, right, up, down, whatever) will not change anything.
I think you may have miss understood me which is probably my fault, what i mean is that it still boots into the orignal firmware fine but when i hold the left button down it boots into the orignal firmware the same way the normal bl does just a little quirk. never the less I've been using it fo a week and a half good work.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 AM

I have a question to ask; If I update my RockBox do I have to install ReverseBL again or is it there forever until I uninstall it by using the ReverseBL