android
Old 08-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Question Should I get a Vibez?

Hello,

Here's my situation:
- My Sony 20 GB HD player is dying on me after 2 years of nonstop use, my criticisms of it were that Sonic Stage software is rubbish and that it had to be plugged into the mains as well as usb (via a stupid adaptor) in order to transfer files.
- I work in a shop and many ipods are returned faulty, have to be sent away for repair or replaced I like the idea of them, but want a reliable thing that'll play my tunes and don't want to mess about with itunes etc
- biggest sony do now is 8gb and its out of my current cheapo price range!

Just found out about the Trekstor Vibez 12gb yesterday and am hovering over the order button on Amazon.co.uk where some company are selling them for 130, which is 20 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen (incidently, not many places sell them..)

It looks cool as, and reviews are all splendid, and the drag and drop and play is attractive to me, HOWEVER - I'm all too aware that nothing is really built to last these days, I'd be happy if I got 2 years out of it...

My point is, I've joined this forum in the hope that somebody may be able to guide me towards a yay/nay decision... Also, would it be worthwhile getting a leather case for it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-05-2007, 12:22 PM

I just bought it from advancedmp3players.com

Here's hoping for a swift delivery and a satisfied customer... I'll not be relaxed til it's in my grubby little hands. Also ordered a Noreve leather case for it

Old 08-05-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd1985 View Post
HOWEVER - I'm all too aware that nothing is really built to last these days, I'd be happy if I got 2 years out of it...
Since it got a user replaceable battery, you very well might get a lot more time out of it.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 AM

The very day it's delivered I had to return it, faulty, kept freezing when I tried to put music on and just sat there whirring and clicking - AND I had to get up really early to answer the door to the postman. double whammy of pain there. I now await a (hopefully) functionial replacement..

Old 08-09-2007, 03:01 PM

I've had some concerns about the build quality of the vibez myself, as it appears that there are a lot of problem units.

Of course, you can't judge things solely on what is found online, as the very nature means that all you'll really see is problems (most people don't speak up when their units are working as they should).

I'm going ahead with my order (should ship out today and I'll hopefully have it by the beginning of next week), but if I do have any immediate problems with it I'll return it to Amazon and seriously look at picking up something else that would hopefully be a bit more reliable.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Let me know how you get on with it, I have a 5 day wait for my replacement one

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 AM

I enjoy mine immensley after a day with it.

The GUI is a little clunky, and the wheel is a bit sensitive, but it's codec support, and sound quality more then make up for those deficencies. Plus the gapless playback is nice.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM

I received mine yesterday but I haven't tried it out yet. After charging it up I've been busy burning in my new Atrio M5 IEMs with a pink noise FLAC file.

I'll get a chance to lay down and give it a good listen to this evening hopefully.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:28 PM

I'm not by any means blaming the Vibez, I still want one, but advancedmp3players.com have refunded my faulty one without explanation - perhaps they couldn't get it in stock? bastards. im now left slightly out of pocket and own a leather case for an mp3 player i dont have and had to pay to return.

angry young man I am.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
I received mine yesterday but I haven't tried it out yet. After charging it up I've been busy burning in my new Atrio M5 IEMs with a pink noise FLAC file.

I'll get a chance to lay down and give it a good listen to this evening hopefully.
Vibez + Atrio = bliss... I never heard a more natural, smooth, warm sound out of a portable player/phone combination. It's the portable equivalent of my Woo6 tube amp + Sennheiser HD650...

Old 08-14-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Vibez + Atrio = bliss... I never heard a more natural, smooth, warm sound out of a portable player/phone combination. It's the portable equivalent of my Woo6 tube amp + Sennheiser HD650...
Yeah, I actually bought the headphones first based off all the positive reviews from both here and Head-Fi.org, and then went looking for a player to match up with them!

Kind of a backwards way to do things, but hey...

Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Pink Noise ?? What's That ?

I got my vibez a few weeks ago, good god i luv this thing !

anyway, I've never heard of pink noise.......

Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekZuneMan View Post
anyway, I've never heard of pink noise.......
It's not important - just a way to speed up the "burn-in/settling down" of dynamic headphone's drivers. It works for some phones, but might not work for others. Read more here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58157

Old 08-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
dear dfkt, hi!

Is this comparable to the D2 + M8? is it better? My universe is around Cowon these days and I am thinking of expanding my realm to another source.

does the EQ make a big difference between them?

The design of the Vibez looks aesthetic enough!

regards,

Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 PM

The D2 is a somehow bright sounding player, while the Vibez is more linear. Both have good enough EQs (Vibez has a MUCH better real parametric EQ, however the D2 has BBE, of course) to adjust the sound to your liking. But without any sound enhancements turned on, the Vibez sounds better with the Atrios, "richer" sounding and more balanced, IMO.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
The D2 is a somehow bright sounding player, while the Vibez is more linear. Both have good enough EQs (Vibez has a MUCH better real parametric EQ, however the D2 has BBE, of course) to adjust the sound to your liking. But without any sound enhancements turned on, the Vibez sounds better with the Atrios, "richer" sounding and more balanced, IMO.
Hi!
I do not really understand the difference between the D2 being a bright sounding player, while the Vibez is more linear? Can you give an example?

When I realised the Vibez was HDD I went hesitant. However on it's web page I found this :
"Rugged:
Whether jogging or skiing: the built-in memory is not affected by shakes or jolts. The high-contrast full-color TFT display is protected from impact by hardened plastic, and its robust and stylish back casing of high-grade steel makes vibez the perfect leisure companion."

I do hope the memory is not affected!!! How about the HDD? Those marleting people will write anything that sounds good and believable.

Would you go jogging or skiing with your Vibez?