I am looking for an MP3 player to use to listen to audio books. I get the audio books from the library, so WMA DRM file support is essential. I really like what I've read about the F2, but after days of searching the web there are still some things I've not been able to find out--I'm hoping there is an F2 user who might know the answers.
- I have read that a firmware upgrade will make the F2 compatible with WMA DRM audio files but didn't find a confirmation on the F2 page on the Cowon site. True?
- I will be downloading audio books from both NetLibrary and through an OverDrive site. If anyone has experience with using either of those with F2 I would love to hear about it.
- If the player is turned off, does it come back to the same place in the same audio file when turned back on? Same question but when it shuts down because of inactivity (i.e. paused at a place in the book and left too long.)
This is really important because the audio books can be very long (15, 20 hours), and it's not fun to scroll through trying to locate where you were.
I'm aware that iAudio players have bookmarking (one of the things that attracted me), but that isn't what I am looking for--I expect it to save the location without me doing anything.
- Can it handle audio books that are made up of multiple files correctly, continuing to the next in order when one finishes? (Windows media player treats books with multiple files like an album).
- Didn't see a car charger on jetmall site, does anyone make one?
I greatly appreciate any answers that you can give--it's been very frustrating to not find any mention of the F2 and audio books in any of the reviews.