android
Old 05-27-2007, 12:15 PM

Default SonicStage/ Vista problem

I just got a new Dell computer with Vista. It loaded Sonicstage (ver. 2.0) just fine, but when I tried to use the program, it kept giving me a message that said that I was logged into a limited user account, and therefore unable to do just about anything. I am the only user on this computer, and I am sure I am logged in as the system admin. Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to correct this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Editor

SonicStage is a piece of junk regardless of what OS version you are using. My suggestion it to seek out some Sonic Stage alternatives... some give you drag and drop... do a google search for "sonicstage alternatives"

Old 05-27-2007, 03:24 PM

In this case, it's a case of alternatives being just as if not even crappier than the original.

Not sure why you're loading the ancient and positively poo-smelling V2.0 on Vista. In either case, you need to install the application as an administrator before you can use it with a standard user.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:40 AM

Smile fix

what we noticed is that it wanted to uninstall "openmgmodule" or something similar. This is what was wanting admin rights even though we right cliked the installer and "ran with admin rights". Well we went ahead and uninstalled this prog ourselved in the control panel. Now it installs just fine when we run the installer with admin rights (by right clicking).

NOTE: this should work but we did already disable UAC, but i dont think it mattered.

have a good day......