android
Old 08-07-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Clix Gen 1 question ( no install cd )

Hey I just got this mp3 player today from a guy ... but he didnt have the installation cd with it, saying he never got one when 'he' brought it from another person. So right now when I the usb cable plugged into the player and then plug the usb cable into my laptop's usb port. It comes up with a little pop up on the lower right corner of the pc screen saying "Found New Hardware" iriver clix, then MTP device. Then a new window pops up Found New Hardware Wizard saying "Can windows connect windows update to search for software?" with opition to yes, yes and everytime, no not at this time. So i click one of them (which one, it doesnt matter, it still goes to the same "next" page) and hit next. Then its saying if the hardware came with an installation cd or floppy, insert now. (But since I dont have the cd, what do I suppose to do?) So I select "install from a list or specific locoation (Advanced) then hit next. Then now it's saying "Search for the best driver in these location, can select "search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...)" or "include this location in the search:" Then theres another opition to choose "don't search. I will choose the driver to install. So I select "dont search" then next. Now it shows 'Model' MTP Device, then it's saying that this driver is digitally signed. So i just hit next. Then it shows to folders sharing, then flips to "Cannot Install this Hardware" Also saying "the specified service does not exist as an installed service. ....... then a little pop up on the lower right of the screen saying "installed failed, hardware will not work properly.

So what I'm ... haha..... trying to say. Is there a way to get the installation cd, or is there another way to make [clix - laptop] to work?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]