android
Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Clix Charging Screen? (Not related to battery)

Hey guys, this is my first time on this forum. Great to see so much coverage about a great MP3 player - I have had my Clix 2GB for at least a year now and I am still loving it.

Anyways what I want to ask you guys is that for the first time I ran my Clix until the battery was literally almost dead (when the empty battery icon is blinking). When I hooked it back up to my PC to charge, it showed a screen I've never seen before - basically it looks like this (in the middle of the screen):

Charging...
[icon animation of battery charging]
Please be patient...

It is all black with white lettering. Normally when i recharge the battery it shows the main Clix screen or animation if it has been off for more than a day or two and the itty bitty battery gauge in the upper right corner does its charging animation thing. Does anyone know how to / if there is a way to make the Clix use the charging screen that I described above (black/white text) to show every time I recharge the battery? It is not a big deal but I kind of like that more. I believe the screen I saw is related to this, since I have my Clix as a MTP device (using only Windows Explorer) http://www.iriver.com/html/support/d...page=1&idx=790 (see Power and Data / Data mode)

Another question I had is that sometimes even though it is hooked up to the computer and recharging - it will STOP recharging (when it reaches 100% I believe) and start discharging on its own while still connected to the PC. I have just upgraded to 2.01 so I don't know if it has been fixed, but has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited by acaurora; 06-10-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Cool

im no expert... but i've had that same screen pop up on me a few times since i've owned it myself... and never really thought nothing of it.. cus it would always charge and work fine... but i have never had it discharge after being fully charged and still plug in... i've left it a few days charging and never happen to me.... but i havent figured how to make the plain black charging screen to pop up on consistant basis.... hope someone can help you... and if it discharges and its still under warranty return the mofo... pay good money shouldnt have any probs yet

Old 06-10-2007, 06:10 PM

well it hasn't done it so far since I upgraded to 2.01US... the nice thing I like that got changed is that when it is fully charged the battery meter turns yellow - maybe it never did start discharging on its own - i only thought it was discharging because the charging animation stopped and it just showed it as if it was a full battery, unplugged.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:41 PM

You got that screen mainly because the mp3 player has been REALLY drained. There's nothing wrong with it. You just drained the battery to close to 0%.

I have 2.01. Never had that discharging problem.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM

That's the thing - Kinda WANT it to do that all the time though, lol.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM

When you plug the Clix into a wall outlet, you will get that screen all the time.

Sandisk Sansa E280R + 4GB MicroSDHC (Rockbox baby), Sansa Fuze 4GB Red, Sansa 1GB Clip (2 of them) ($15.00 Buy.com!), Creative Zen 16GB, Zen Vision:M 30GB, Zen Vision:W 60GB, JVC FX66 Air Cushions.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Wall outlet? How do you do that? My Clix didn't come with any AC adapter...

Old 08-02-2007, 05:31 PM

I have an old LG cell phone charger that I use for powering through a wall outlet. You can even use the player and charge at the same time.

Iriver does make a make-shift charger that will work (consists of a wall charger and a USB adapter to attach to it, which you can in turn connect to your USB-Dock cable to power/charge the Clix from the wall or you can connect it to your Clix dock cradle with its USB cable).

iriveramerica.com sells it (check out under Clix accessories) and also Jeff at theiriverstore.com (in Vegas) sells it but he is on holiday right now until August 12th, I believe. iriveramerica sells it for $19.99. I bought it from Jeff at the iriverstore for I believe $16.99 or $19.99, can't remember which.

Sandisk Sansa E280R + 4GB MicroSDHC (Rockbox baby), Sansa Fuze 4GB Red, Sansa 1GB Clip (2 of them) ($15.00 Buy.com!), Creative Zen 16GB, Zen Vision:M 30GB, Zen Vision:W 60GB, JVC FX66 Air Cushions.