android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
thither thither is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17
Default

With id3 genre tags in particular, I noticed that the e140 seems to cache them in an unreliable way. I had some bad / incorrect tags in some of my mp3's, and when I'd update them and restart the e140 the old values would still be there.

The solution I found was that if I renamed the files, the e140 would pick up the new values. It's easy to batch-rename them if you're using a decent tagger (I personally just went from "00 - title.mp3" to "00 - artist - title.mp3"). I'd try getting all of your tags correct, then renaming all your mp3s so you're sure the e140 reads all the new tags. If it works, you can then rename them back to the format you prefer (if you're particular about that).
Reply With Quote

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.