android
Old 07-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Biggest compatible SD card?

any info appreciated

recent D2 buyer, love it for the sound quality. Now i need a the biggest card that's compatible.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-05-2007, 12:52 AM

I'm also interested in finding this out, I'm pretty sure SDHC cards are supported though.
Hoping to resurrect an e260 from ebay soon.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 AM

8GB SDHC cards are the biggest ones you can buy at the moment - any (decent) brand will work in the D2 with recent firmware versions. Sandisk, Toshiba, Kingston, TwinMOS, Transcend, you name it...

16GB SDHC cards are announced, but noone wants to pay $2500 for a card, I guess...

Old 07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
8GB SDHC cards are the biggest ones you can buy at the moment - any (decent) brand will work in the D2 with recent firmware versions. Sandisk, Toshiba, Kingston, TwinMOS, Transcend, you name it...

16GB SDHC cards are announced, but noone wants to pay $2500 for a card, I guess...
Hello, dfkt.

Just got a brand new 4GB D2, and I'm going to get an 8 GB SDHC card for it. Do you think cards from Adata will work? They're being sold at a good price on eBay.

By the way, great player! I'm very impressed with the screen and sound quality. Album art is simply gorgeous!

Regards.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:19 AM

There is a SD compatibility list for the D2 in the forums at iaudiophile.net

Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumbs up

Thanks! I'll check the list.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 AM

i'd encourage you not to buy SD cards on eBay. often, you'll get fake memory that falls apart very easily. stick to reputable online stores. it'll be worth the extra money.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
Hello, dfkt.

Just got a brand new 4GB D2, and I'm going to get an 8 GB SDHC card for it. Do you think cards from Adata will work? They're being sold at a good price on eBay.

By the way, great player! I'm very impressed with the screen and sound quality. Album art is simply gorgeous!

Regards.
Wow, congrats Almoxil - you go through DAPs quite fast. However, I can imagine the D2 might be a keeper.

I haven't heard about any SDHC cards not working in the D2, to be honest. The list over at iAudiophile has only positive mentionings.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Wow, congrats Almoxil - you go through DAPs quite fast. However, I can imagine the D2 might be a keeper.

I haven't heard about any SDHC cards not working in the D2, to be honest. The list over at iAudiophile has only positive mentionings.
Thanks a lot, dfkt. The card is coming through express mail. I hope it will arrive shortly. I hope will be adding my Adata SDHC card to the list (class 6).

Yeah, I know... my wallet hates me!

I've been listening to the D2, and the sound quality from that small piece of hardware is really incredible -- I'm officially impressed. In terms of sound quality, I rank my players as follows:
  1. Cowon D2: winner, has an edge over the Meizus, and more options to tweak the sound to your liking. The presets are great to store different sound configurations;
  2. Meizu M6 and M3: they come in a close second -- excellent sound quality, and a responsive and accurate 10-band EQ. Also, you can customize all the EQ presets, not only the user defined;
  3. Creative Zen Vision:M: overall great sound, but since I got the Meizus I have been struggling with the custom EQ trying to improve the bass response, to no avail;
  4. Creative Zen V Plus: it has great sound, but the EQ is also problematic;
  5. Creative Zen Micro.
I'm still learning to use the sound adjustments and effects. I'm planning on using the preset slots to store different sound configurations for albums with excellent, good and poor mixing and mastering. I've got a lot of underground music and albums from indie artists, and sometimes I face myself having to tweak the EQ settings on my players to compensate for poor quality recordings.

Yeah, it's a keeper, that's for sure!

Edit: heh, I went pretty off-topic here. Sorry!!