android
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Default New D2 and I haven't the vaguest idea

Hey there...

I've got this what I hope is a fairly decent player but I cannot seem to get it to work right and I've never seen a product with less actual instructional material.
I want to load some movies, but I cannot get the 'puter to recognize the player. When I plug in the USB it just says " charging, disconnected" and all the text on the menu screen has reverted to Korean. I actually got it recognized once but that was the only time and I had no idea what I did to make that happen..... HELP????

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 AM

Did you try another USB port on your computer?

If you're connecting through an USB hub, make sure it's a powered hub.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 PM

Hey there....

Yeah, I tried several different ports... as I said, it actually came up once, but only that once. I've already RMA'd it back to Newegg for a replacement. I should have that in several days. In between, I just built a new 'puter, so perhaps things will go differently this time around. I just hate to be the bearer of bad news on the Newegg reviews for that particular beastie. No one else has left any reviews at all for the red 4 GB player and mine will be the first. I'm waiting for the new one, hoping that I can mitigate the bad news with some good. The entire reason I went with this player was that ALL of the reviews for the black 4 GB were "excellent".

Old 07-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Default RMA replacement is here.....

Well, the replacement is here and it's "just what the doctor ordered". The 'puter picked it up just like it's supposed to, and off I went. So far as I can tell, the first one must've been a fluke, bad apple, so to speak. Movie encoding is going well, although when I tried to encode "The Matrix", it kept hanging up on a certain track, and I ultimately had to abandon it for something else. SO, if anyone has any helpful tips on that, give me a holler!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:33 AM

If you try to encode from the original DVD, it might be some copy protection messup. If you try to re-encode from some MPEG/AVI/etc it might be a corrupt file.

Try AutoGK, iRiverter, Badak, SUPER, or some other free video encoders. (I assume you used the Cowon app to encode the stuff.)

Old 07-12-2007, 12:24 PM

With upgrade 2.5 I had similar problems with "non-recognition" of the device. I opened Settings----System----USB connection---and changed the setting from MTP to MSC and voila JetShell suddenly recognized the D2. Guess you have to change this depending on program you want to use to load files.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I decrypted the DVD with DVD Decrypter into the harddrive and then I used the Cowon software to attempt to encode it. I think that I do remember something about a corrupt file, but I've been getting wierd messages having to do with unrecognized formats, etc... on everything, but all the rest of the movies encoded just fine. Is IRiverter a better app than the Cowon? Is there a better software to use for the decryption?