android
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Meizu M6se...

Slated for an August domestic release, this supposed "nano-thin" unit is expected to support all the usual suspects: MP3, WAV, OGG audio, and AVI video. At only 0.5mm bigger then the iPod nano, M6se will pack an impressive 2.4-inch QVGA display, and have a FM tuner.... Eat your heart out, nano-fanboys...

Excited yet? Wait till you read this: Capacity will be 8GB. And now to the ridiculous; the expected cost of this puppy will be around $130.00 USD, when released domesticly, barring any unforseen problems..

August can't arrive soon enough..

engadget via MeizuMe

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've been waiting for the SP version to hit the US...guess I'll wait for this one instead...

Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 AM

Yepper... With the specs, size, capacity, and price point, Im sure to grab one of these myself.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:10 PM

Seems the M6 SE will have a brushed aluminum face, and will be able to play full-res video at 30fps, with a TV out.

I find this out the day I pick up my brand-new M6 SP. . .

http://www.pmptoday.com/2007/05/29/u...-m6-its-a-pmp/

Old 06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

that looks like the M3, not the M6

Old 06-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Yeah, the picture is wrong, but the article concerns the M6 SE. . .

Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i dunno, the article even says "nano-like" and that def describes the M3 and not the M6

Old 06-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Talking

Both the M6 SE and the new M3 seem to be excellent machines (and good looking ones too). I've been enjoying my M6 for the last week and I'm still astonished with the impressive sound quality of such small gadget. Excellent mids and highs, and a killer bass!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Yeah, the M6 SP is fantastic--the sound alone would've wowed me, discounting the near-Rockbox level feature set. The screen is the nicest looking screen I've ever seen for the size.

But I'll still be picking up an M6 Second Edition as soon as it's available--unless firmware changes to the SP can net the 30hr battery life and ability to play video without conversion at 30fps. Still, 7mm thick and a video line-out and a brushed-metal casing also sound tempting. . .

Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 PM

Here's a better article from www.meizume.com frontpage:

Quote:
A recent forum posting by Meizu CEO contains lot of new information on the upcoming Meizu Mini Player M6 Second Edition

The M6 SE is an improved version of the M6, featuring a 7mm thin body (down from 10mm), support for MPEG4, MPEG2, WMV9, H263/264, RM(VB) videos in 720x480 pixel resolution at 30 FPS and TV Out. It will also eliminate the need of conversion to playback videos.

The viewing angle has been improved from 60, 60, 55, 45 degrees to 80, 80, 80, 80 degrees together with a tiny screen enlargement of 0.01 inches (now 2.41 inches) and judging by the picture above, the actual button layout of the M6 SE might also see changes. On the original M6, there was a hold switch on the bottom side.

With its 600mAh battery, it will support up to 30 hours of continuous music playback, 5 hours of QVGA and 3 hours VGA video playback.

The M6 SE is set to be released in the fourth quarter of 2007. However, Meizu CEO warns of possible delays. The development of the M3 SE has been suspended in order to hasten the development of the Meizu M6 SE and Meizu M8.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:01 PM

should i wate for m6 se to come out or should i just by the the one from walgreens.com
i just wont 4 gigs and i dont need great video and i dont wont to brake the screen becouse the player is so thin

Old 06-09-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screw View Post
should i wate for m6 se to come out or should i just by the the one from walgreens.com
i just wont 4 gigs and i dont need great video and i dont wont to brake the screen becouse the player is so thin
If you don't care about video, I think you'll be happy with the M6SE. However, bear in mind that you can get an 8GB model for about $30 more than the 4GB. . .

Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 PM

I'd like to get my hands on one of the M6 SE but I can't wait until Q4

Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaPoo View Post
I'd like to get my hands on one of the M6 SE but I can't wait until Q4
The M6 SP is nice enough (8GB @ $130, anyway) that I don't mind in the least having picked it up, even if I get an SE in Nov, Dec. So if you pick one up as I have--it's not like you'll have any trouble unloading it for at least $70-90 on ebay (or making someones day by giving it as a gift when you get your SE). That's what I plan to do, anyway.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I wouldn't mind the SP if they sold it at places other than ebay or stores from Hong Kong and crap like that...i wanna buy it from some one in America or a B&M store

Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
I wouldn't mind the SP if they sold it at places other than ebay or stores from Hong Kong and crap like that...i wanna buy it from some one in America or a B&M store
The 4GB SP version is sold at Walgreens website.

Is this an ethical objection, or just that you don't trust China-based sellers? I had an excellent experience with the seller from whom I purchased on eBay, no problems at all (and had a handy Meizu-branded wall adapter and silicone sleeve thrown in free), timely delivery, etc. If your objection is ethical--well, I'm all about shopping local when it comes to groceries, media, etc.--but all these players come from/are made in China or Taiwan or someplace well out of the USA, so I'm not sure I could follow the local-economy line of reasoning, in this instance. . .

Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yes, I meant the 8gb SP version tho, not the 4gig...i have a 4gig sansa, it's just not enough capacity...

and yes, it's a trust issue...plus, when purchasing electronics, I want the ability to return/exchange the product without having to mail it out and hope I get something in return. That's why I prefer to buy from B&M stores whenever possible.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundslike View Post
The 4GB SP version is sold at Walgreens website.
I may just take the plunge and get one of those. I noticed that they have a 2GB & 4GB for the same price. Hmmmmmm..........

What's cool is that according to their return policy, if you're not happy you can return it to a store. 4GB for $100 , I think my K3 may be on it's way back to the store

Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Seems to be great. M6SE might be my next DAP!