android
Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM

Hmm, just got a new problem a while ago. The screen all of a sudden started fading into white and then dark blue. Don't believe I ever had this before.

Anyway, I just rebooted the player

Have you gotten a good FM Preset cpchan? We both live in Toronto so we supposedly should have the same radio stations

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-25-2007, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Hmm, just got a new problem a while ago. The screen all of a sudden started fading into white and then dark blue. Don't believe I ever had this before.

Anyway, I just rebooted the player

Have you gotten a good FM Preset cpchan? We both live in Toronto so we supposedly should have the same radio stations
I've had many times that problem. Normally I can't change song or anything else but I can reboot normally and then rockbox works normally again.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Rockbox Developer

Why is the audio_api_v_0.2_only_for_sansa_and_sim patch removed? It was working really well for me.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
audio_api_v_0.2_only_for_sansa_and_sim.patch: Update the Sansa to use the new audio API. Wait for it to be more mature.
I think it was unstable, but cpchan will have to confirm (feels so odd having an iPod right now instead of my Sansa)

Old 05-25-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
Why is the audio_api_v_0.2_only_for_sansa_and_sim patch removed? It was working really well for me.
Because I think the audio for the sansa is good now in the current SVN and that patch is not needed anymore.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:22 AM

Yeah, the patch was just a temporary solution for the audio glitches. The more elegant solution was found and it was applied it the SVN.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 05-25-2007, 12:38 PM

The new build works perfect, no more static noises. Great job! *searches for the thums up smilie*

Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It is out of sync with SVN right now and I don't feel like doing some hand patching. I also really want to give the audio in the SVN version a good testing because it seem to be so good already. Anyway that patch should not concern you since it just switches the Sansa port to the new audio API (application programming interface).

Charles

Old 05-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjs162216 View Post
I think it was unstable, but cpchan will have to confirm (feels so odd having an iPod right now instead of my Sansa)
Maybe you should be posting in iPod Lounge. I hope you get your RMA before your trip.

Charles

Old 05-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
It is out of sync with SVN right now and I don't feel like doing some hand patching. I also really want to give the audio in the SVN version a good testing because it seem to be so good already. Anyway that patch should not concern you since it just switches the Sansa port to the new audio API (application programming interface).

Charles
I know what an API is, thx. An API is an interface between hard- and software. With different APIs the results of the use of the hardware can vary. Therefore the API can change the audio quality of the Sansa.

Anyway, I liked the AQ with that patch, but the AQ without the patch seems to be fine too.

The problem is that I get data aborts after about 15 seconds when I hear to music. I deleted the complete .rockbox dir before installing your latest build.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:31 PM

If I want to install this compiled RB, do I have to install bootloader first or is it already in .zip files (bootloader)?

Old 05-25-2007, 04:45 PM

If you have the "normal" Rockbox installed, just extract the two files into the root of your Sansa. If you don't have Rockbox installed then go to The Manual and follow the steps there. You can then update to this build if you want.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 05-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The problem is that I get data aborts after about 15 seconds when I hear to music. I deleted the complete .rockbox dir before installing your latest build.
Try using my config as a starting point, taking note on what you have changed. I have been using mine for hours today (music) with no problems.

Charles
Attached Files
File Type: zip config.zip (604 Bytes, 11 views)

Old 05-25-2007, 05:05 PM

why i dont see the menu so nice as your screenshot? looks normal, like original rockbox... and the music stops for a second from time to time, annoying!

Old 05-25-2007, 05:09 PM

cpchan is using the aZure theme in the screenshot as well as font Nimbus 14 (might be 12)

Old 05-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
Try using my config as a starting point, taking note on what you have changed. I have been using mine for hours today (music) with no problems.

Charles
I said, that I deleted my old .rockbox dir, so it was from zero to your build.

Now I deleted .rockbox dir, uninstalled the bootloader, reinstalled it, and extracted your build onto the Sansa, that didn't help either.

I will try your config now.

€dit: Still getting data abort. Your new build doesnt seem to work for me =(

€dit2: Fucking shit, I'm getting data abort with the normal build (SVN) too. Something is wrong, with your previous build everything was fine, dammit!

Last edited by kugel; 05-25-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:27 PM

LOL I don't know if you're allowed to swear here

Anyway, which previous build do you mean? Radio? Or one before radio? Because the current build, would be considered newer than the one that introduced radio.

If you mean the radio build, the only thing he changed from that was the System menu and moved Playlist higher on the Context Menu

Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
LOL I don't know if you're allowed to swear here

Anyway, which previous build do you mean? Radio? Or one before radio? Because the current build, would be considered newer than the one that introduced radio.

If you mean the radio build, the only thing he changed from that was the System menu and moved Playlist higher on the Context Menu
I meant the build of Mai 19th, without radio.

But when you are talking about radio, I've installed the 1.02.18A firmware on an EU player (without radio ofc). Maybe Rockbox is missing the radio, which it expects since the OF is having the radio menu. This could be the reason that it produces an error, when it doesn't find a radio. Maybe the radio patch didn't expect that situation and didn't have a "what if there is no radio, but an american OF"-case implemented, causing that error.
Is that possible?

Old 05-25-2007, 05:37 PM

Could be.

Anyway, I have copies of previous builds on my computer. I have the one where there was a huge sound improvement, and one after that where everything was supposedly made quicker (the one before radio)

If you want, I can send you one of them. Just PM me with where to send to

Old 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Rockbox Developer

No, but thanks. I have saved my rockbox dir before installing the latest build. That's ironic in a way, as I saved my rockbox dir before updating for the first time.

Closed Thread