android
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 AM

Default First time MP3 user needs help please

Have Sansa-but no clue as to really how to manage the files and playlists. Can rip a CD and sync to player. Where do I actually manage the files. I just seem to have a whole of files in no particular order. Husband reformatted the player, but when went to Windows Media player it just synced them all back on. I want to organise my media files and know have to do on computer--but despite reading and watching lessons still struggling! Desperately want to download a book to take on flight Aus/US in a few weeks--have I got my hopes too high? Have the 8GB job; sent by daughter to me. Any help will be appreciated from "not so bright"--downunder

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2007, 06:26 AM

Hmmm. Doesn't sound too idealistic. What version Windows Media Player do you have? If you want to copy an audio book to your player, the steps would be 1. Get a copy saved to your PC (download it, or rip the CD); 2. Create a playlist with your tracks IN CORRECT ORDER (since you're using WMP, you don't sound allergic to it so that should do the job for you, plus there won't be too many complications like there may be otherwise); and 3. sync it to your player.

The key is placing your files in a playlist, so you can have several things goin' on inside your player, like a fast music playlist, an audio book, an "I'm lulling myself to sleep" playlist, you get the idea. The Sansa How To Videos will help you out, just make sure to watch the correct version. WMP (Windows Media Player) 10 is blue with the Napster feline, and the black one that says Urge on the top right is 11. Watch and learn, and if you have questions after your homework, then go back and ask. Best of luck.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Have Sansa-but no clue as to really how to manage the files and playlists. Can rip a CD and sync to player. Where do I actually manage the files. I just seem to have a whole of files in no particular order. Husband reformatted the player, but when went to Windows Media player it just synced them all back on. I want to organise my media files and know have to do on computer--but despite reading and watching lessons still struggling! Desperately want to download a book to take on flight Aus/US in a few weeks--have I got my hopes too high? Have the 8GB job; sent by daughter to me. Any help will be appreciated from "not so bright"--downunder
If you go to the e200 series forum you'll find loads of advice and answers to all these questions and more people with e200s will see your post.

Your WMP is set to synchronise automatically. You need to go into Sync options and untick the box.

There are plenty of posts on audio books as well.

Richard

Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 PM

This will be a great site for you.
http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1468