android
Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Talking Talk me into buying a Vision:W, guys!

Hi there! I've been researching my little heart out, and finally decided (like so many others) that it is a tie between Vision M or W as to what I should get. I currently have a Zen Micro (NOT micro photo ), but due to the headphone jack problem that struck me, I can no longer tolerate it...aaaanyway, I was hoping you could help me clear up a few things and decide!

See, I'm getting started as a photographer in my area. I have no laptop, and memory card space is a problem for me at big events like weddings. I think the <strong>idea of the W having a CF slot is <em>fantastic</em></strong>- I could take it with me and use it as a temporary memory drive! However, I also need a Mp3 player that I can use while working my other job: on a farm; which requires LOTS of movement. I've been briefed about the dangers of running (oh, yes, I want to take my player running from time to time) with a HD-based player...does the increased size of the W make it more suseptable to HD damage from momement compared to the M?

I would love to have the best of both worlds, and I'm prepared to find a way to carry around the W instead of the smaller M (fanny-pack, anyone? ), but I want assurance that my hundreds of dollars will not go down the drain.

On another note, where did you get your M or W? Know of a cheap/realiable place? (I know, I know: Amazon or Ebay lol) Oh, and when did these players respecively get released? Do you know of any coming newer models that may make the price on these drop?

Thanks!

-Heather

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Increased size of the W does not make it more prone to HD shock damage.

If you buy one, get it from a real (IRL) store, not one of those online ones. You can talk to a real human there, and the store will cover you if anything goes wrong in the first year.

Essentially: W if you are into movies (and I'd suggest the 60Gb if you are) or M if you aren't into movies (30Gb should do)

I think there is a new M in the works, with the X-Fi chip.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumsy bot View Post
Increased size of the W does not make it more prone to HD shock damage.
Essentially: W if you are into movies (and I'd suggest the 60Gb if you are) or M if you aren't into movies (30Gb should do)
I'm mostly interested in using the extra space to hold picture files while I'm on a photo shoot. I'm hoping this will save me money from buying an Mps player + a external HD for photos.

So the shock damage factor is the same with M or W? Thank you for the info!

Old 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM

im a novice and use mine everyday for mp3 use in my car.....plus when im in a long wait at the dmv or something, movies are always great to view on them. People always ask me what it is. My barber is really interested in buying one. I dont mind waiting 3 haircuts for my turn anymore.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Get the 60gb ZVM, you can plug your camera directly into it and download the files to it via USB (well, I suppose using the W's card slot would be better than bringing a USB cord..) :P. Its smaller than the W, so theres less screen showing, so its less likely to break it when you're on your farm (doesnt work with all cameras though, go to http://creative.com/products/product...&product=14331 for more details)

And as where to buy them, I got mine at BestBuy (or you can go to Futureshop, its basically the same :P) and a 2 year extended warranty is about $70, very good investment imo.