android
Old 04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Rockbox Developer

Do you have no problems with the volume? My mpg volume is extremely low, like whispering.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godess View Post
Do you have no problems with the volume? My mpg volume is extremely low, like whispering.
No, my mpeg's (and my music) are quite loud- try doing a soft reset. The sound is sometimes messed up after installing Rockbox which is cured by the reset.

Charles

Old 04-19-2007, 04:52 PM

I have no problems with volume when playing videos

Old 04-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Just got the static problem again.
Try doing a soft reset and see if the sound is better. If it persist can you tell me when does it happen and a way to reproduce it? I can't do any debugging since I don't have the problem.

Charles

Old 04-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
- It would be nice to be able to play mp3's while playing gb-games. Since the Sansa is able to render gb-games at 60fps, there should be enough performance to play rockboy with 30fps while listening to mp3.
According to the log on SVN you can do that with smaller ROM's now:

r13199 | kkurbjun | 2007-04-18 03:41:31 -0400 (Wed, 18 Apr 2007) | 1 line

Allow rockboy to run while music is playing with smaller roms. Works on players that do not use the IRAM macros. Only tested on the Gigabeat as I think that is the only player that will run rockboy well with music. Also simplified the sound and reduced the code size a bit.

Unless the Sansa uses the IRAM macos, it should work. However, it look like it need some optimizing on other players (it has only been tested on the Gigabeat). Since I am not a gamer and I don't have a ROM here to test it out, YMMV.

Charles

Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM

I think you misunderstood what I meant by static problem. It's not like just small cracks and pops while music is playing.

The music stops (seeker stops moving) and the only thing you hear is loud static. The closest thing I can think of, to compare it to, is a VCR and TV when the wrong channel is selected.

Once I shut it off and power the player back on, nothing appears messed up. I also did a force shutoff on the player (15 seconds press) after loading the compiled build of today.

I really don't know how to reproduce it. It's just random. It's only happened twice so far, and both were on different songs. This has never happened before until I updated to your newer patch versions (the ones without the scroll wheel sensitivity patch)

Old 04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpchan View Post
According to the log on SVN you can do that with smaller ROM's now:

r13199 | kkurbjun | 2007-04-18 03:41:31 -0400 (Wed, 18 Apr 2007) | 1 line

Allow rockboy to run while music is playing with smaller roms. Works on players that do not use the IRAM macros. Only tested on the Gigabeat as I think that is the only player that will run rockboy well with music. Also simplified the sound and reduced the code size a bit.

Unless the Sansa uses the IRAM macos, it should work. However, it look like it need some optimizing on other players (it has only been tested on the Gigabeat). Since I am not a gamer and I don't have a ROM here to test it out, YMMV.

Charles
The music does stop playing when I start a ROM, so it's more like it needs to be implemented before.

No, it doesn't get louder after a soft-reset, maybe it is just a calm source.
Is it right that there is no fast forward and rewind in the mpgplayer?

Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
The music stops (seeker stops moving) and the only thing you hear is loud static. The closest thing I can think of, to compare it to, is a VCR and TV when the wrong channel is selected.
Starnge, I have never had this problem.

Quote:
I really don't know how to reproduce it. It's just random. It's only happened twice so far, and both were on different songs.
I see. Do you remember the songs? Can you reproduce the static noise by playing these songs? If you can, it might be due to corrupted files.

Charles

Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Nope, I can't reproduce it, even if I tried. One of the songs was Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado. I can play that over and over and the static problem won't happen

I don't think any of my files are corrupted. Again, this has never happened to me, until I updated my builds

Old 04-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Rockbox Developer

Just as a note, holding Power for 15 seconds would be a "Hard" shutdown, denoted by the fact that it's happening in hardware, rather than a "Soft" shutdown (handled by software). Neither is really a reset.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llorean View Post
Just as a note, holding Power for 15 seconds would be a "Hard" shutdown, denoted by the fact that it's happening in hardware, rather than a "Soft" shutdown (handled by software). Neither is really a reset.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't know what they are calls and the technical details in Rockbox. I took the terms straight out of PALM devices from the behaviour I observed.

Charles

Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM

The song still played intermittently sfter updated with the latest compiled rockbox. Can't really enjoy the music that way, is there some setting that I can do to improve the playback?

Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
The music does stop playing when I start a ROM, so it's more like it needs to be implemented before.[...]
Is it right that there is no fast forward and rewind in the mpgplayer?
So, what do you say?

Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Old bootloader incompatibility?

Just to follow up... I tried all of the suggestions to fix the scrambled menus and hiss-for-music problems and nothing worked. I've been using an old style installation of Rockbox (before Sansapatcher was created) and I thought maybe this could be the problem. I removed Rockbox and started fresh using Sansapatcher method and now everything is working fine. I did get a white screen of death and later some error when trying to watch an MPEG which locked it up but otherwise everything is back to normal.

If you have an old bootloader situation, it might be the cause of these problems that I know others had suffered.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

ATTN: DOOM

If no one objects, I will be integration the DOOM control patch in the next day or two.

Charles

Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Woot woot @ new Doom controls and for new update =D

EDIT: I noticed the new BrickMania plugin =D Always thought it should've been included in Rockbox. Hopefully someone will come up with a patch to change the controls to Left/Right Scroll instead of Left/Right Button

Last edited by pyr0sphere; 04-23-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:05 PM

Yeah I just installed this and its screaming static at me..Nice effort though :S

Old 04-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eM!x View Post
Yeah I just installed this and its screaming static at me..Nice effort though :S
Strange, no problems here. Try doing a hard shutdown by holding the power button for ~15 secs. Also, did you install both zip files?

Is anyone else having sound problems like |2eM!x?

Charles

Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

For those having audio problems, please try the version that I have just uploaded. Apparently, enabling "frequency scaling" in the "battery Optimized" patch causes messed up audio in some devices. This patch have now gone into the SVN version of Rockbox, but with "frequency scaling" disabled.

Charles

Old 04-24-2007, 02:42 PM

I've noticed with these newer builds that I no longer that this black bar problem I used to have. I'm sure it's been mentioned before as well. Basically, its a black coloured horizontal bar, which stretches across the top part of the screen.

Closed Thread