android
Old 06-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Wall Charger

Does anyone own a wall charger for their clix?
I've been looking at many usb chargers on the net but im not sure which to buy. I dont wanna buy one and fry my battery, so if anyone has any recommendations, please help.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-29-2006, 12:39 PM
ABI Founder

This SIMA charger one works nicely. It is compact and comes with a auto USB charger as well. Plus it is only $14.

If you want to see more pics, i did a mini review on this product.

Last edited by EnzoTen; 06-29-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoTen
This SIMA charger one works nicely. It is compact and comes with a auto USB charger as well. Plus it is only $14.

If you want to see more pics, i did a mini review on this product.
have u tested this with the clix
do u know no the volt and amp specs
people say that the clix needs a 5V charger that delivers 2 amps

Old 06-29-2006, 01:42 PM
ABI Founder

USB is a standard. Just like your wall outlet is a standard. You do not think twice when plugging lamp, a hair dryer, a toaster, or a blender to your electrical outlets at home. You should have the same mindset with usb.

But, keep in mind that some devices may not charge because there is not enough power getting to them due to underpowered usb ports or mulitple devices plugged into one USB hub.

The only way you can fry your MP3 player or other USB powered device is if the device itself is fulty or you have a faulty power supply or cable.

USB operates at a nominal 5v (4.755.25V) and at 500mA (half of 1 amp). Your clix will indeed recharge via your computers USB ports at 500mA. Now some USB power adapter do go higher than 500mA, but the device will only take as many miliamps as it needs. So if your device only needs 500mA and your charger is 2A (or 2000mA) it will only take 500mA to charger. So there is no worries about frying your player or other device.

Also if you notice that some players charge faster by AC/DC adapter as apposed to USB. This is becuase the USB standard will only supply 500mA as discussed before where as your AC adapter will probably supply between 1.5A and 2A. When some USB devices will see that there is more than 500mA available, they will use more amps to charge faster.

If your clix charges in your computer it will charge in this SIMA adapter.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:59 PM

^ thanks a lot. i was really confused becuz everyone was like u need to no the volt specs. i think im gonna get the sima now

Old 07-02-2006, 03:18 AM

Wrong. It does not charge with an AC wall adapter. It is the strangest thing imaginable. I purchased a 5 V, 2 A AC adapter off xpcgear.com. Tried it out and it says USB connected, but the charge animation does not happen. It does not charge. A reviewer on Amazon speculates you need XP to charge and I agree. Also, iriver tech support said no wall charger is available right now. I don't see how this SIMA one can be much different than mine... because mine definitely works (I used it on my phone).

Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM

^^^ Won't it be easier for you to post here (or any iriver fans site) first? As for the charging issue, it is listed on the manual that you can charge via a PC USB port.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 AM

Soooo, here I am in 2008 with a first version 2GB clix trying to make sense of this. There are a number of wallplug rechargers with usb connections to plug the usb from the clix into at the correct ratings people have listed here. Can anyone confirm these work?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 AM

the LG travel adapter as per the attachment photos definitely works ..... great!!

bwprius
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0003.jpg (56.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0001.jpg (133.6 KB, 5 views)