android
Old 10-24-2013, 08:23 AM

Default Volume buttons dead

Hey there. Yesterday I dropped on the floor my 2 years old faithful Clip Zip. It's working fine except for the 2 volume buttons. They seem caved in and no amount of pressure can make them work again.

I tried with the tip of a clip to go under them, to no avail.

I there anything you can think of that might help me?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The only repair guide I recall seeing that claimed any success was this one. There may be others but I don't remember seeing them.

The other alternative would be Rockbox. You can control the volume in the settings with that. If the only problem is that you can't change the volume because the volume rocker doesn't work that might do the job.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Also, quite candidly and if needed, dealfisher.com has been selling manufacturer refurbed 4GB Clip+ and Zip players at $19 and $22 (or sometimes even less) shipped, respectively.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:02 AM

Thanks, I already bought a refurbed Clip Zip for 40$ all included on a canadian seller(sale taxes....grrrr).

I also bought a case for 5$ so I will be able to drop it as much as I want! :P

I will try to rockbox my broken Clip Zip. Is it painless?

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Nevermind, I rockboxed my old sansa clip zip and it's incredibly great! Should have done it a long time ago. I was frightened 'cause the usb support on the clip+ was horrible, but on the clip zip it's perfect.

Thanks, problem solved.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Glad that's working out for you. USB support on Rockboxed sansas can be spotty. It doesn't seem to be model specific from the posts I've seen. Some people can't get their Clip+ to work right, others can't get the CZ to work for them. They both work for me but I have to boot my Fuze+ to the OF for file transfer to the external memory.

It's not much of a hassle but I do have to remember to do it. That or use a card reader, my phone or another sansa. If I don't I can get nasty file corruption on the card when it disconnects and freezes.