android
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 AM

Default Difficult problems with battery

Hello guys, i ve got a simple question about cowon i9 battery life. Let's start from beggining. I bought this mp3 player about 1-2 weeks ago and when i turn it on it has no battery life so i charged it to the full. Next i was using it but i dont know why the battery was going down really fast. I listening to music for about 2 hours and it has discharged. But i was saying ok its probably normal cos devices like this needs a few charges/discharges at the first using. Yesterday i charged it to the full again and today i saw that battery is still going down fast. Should i be concerned? can anyone help xp

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM

Hi I had the same thing in the beginning, battery empty really fast.
You have to choose 'screen time-out 60 sec.' instead of always on in the settings menu or something like that. It makes a big difference.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 AM

Well do you think is it really gonna help ? I just wonder cos i had this setting already set on 10 ;/ and i discovered another thing. When my mp3 is playing and nobody is touching it like on playlist, when screen is almost all the time turned off, my device dont have problems to play alot but when it comes to changing songs, turining volume higher and lower the battery runs off really quickly. Is it normal?

Old 03-25-2013, 04:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I sold my i9 so i can't be exact, but i do know that if u have yer screen on 'all the time' u will get like 2-4hrs battery life. Have it set to go off after 10secs etc and it will last 20hrs+.
I used mine when i was a cleaner, i had it fully charged, switched it on, created a playlist, locked player, screen off and used the +/- volume buttons to skip tracks with only occasional screen on for checking album/artist etc, and can confirm it would easily last the day (8-10hrs). Following this format I rarely needed to charge it (purposefully), the connection to pc for music swapping was enough to charge adequately.
So in short, screen on will drain it massively compared to off.
Try having it (screen) off 90% of the time, if yer not getting over 15hrs sumthings a miss.