android
Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 AM

Default in file viewer, combine sdcard and internal memory

Hi everyone,

I just got a clip+ and rockboxed it and I love it. I prefer the file viewer as opposed to the database. Now I don't really remember most of the time which song is on the sd card or internal memory, so it's annoying going back and forth looking for it. Is there a way to combine the music in the sdcard and internal memory into a single list or a single directory or something like that using the file viewer?

Thanks for the help!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorina View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got a clip+ and rockboxed it and I love it. I prefer the file viewer as opposed to the database. Now I don't really remember most of the time which song is on the sd card or internal memory, so it's annoying going back and forth looking for it. Is there a way to combine the music in the sdcard and internal memory into a single list or a single directory or something like that using the file viewer?

Thanks for the help!!
The answer is no. If you want to see the whole music collection in one list, you have to come to terms with the database.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This is one reason that the size of the internal memory is becoming less important. Don't bother putting any music on the internal memory. Put it all on the microSD card.

In the past, many of us have viewed the player as "internal memory + microSD card". In my case, "4GB plus 4GB". But with the lower prices on high capacity microSD cards, just get a 16GB or 32GB or even 64GB card and forget the internal memory.

Steve

Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Administrator

If all you need is a list of the contents of both memories you can do that with a playlist. Load the contents of both in any software that can create a .m3u playlist and save it to the root of the external memory. Saving it there creates the file paths needed for the contents of both memories to be read when the playlist is played in Rockbox.