android
Old 12-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Default Cowon X9 database limit work around?

I have been looking to get a new MP3 player since I cracked the screen of my iAudio 9 by leaning on the corner of something with it in my pocket. I am looking for a large capacity since my library has grown to over double the size of my iAudio 9. Currently I am leaning towards either the X7 or X9. The problem is this: I have only been able to find one X7 for sale since amazon cant get them anymore but it costs over $400 NZD. Now I can get a X9 with a 64gb sd card from amazon for $100 less, but it is said that the player has a file limit which would make the purchase of a card to increase storage pointless.

Is there any work around for the storage limit or do I pay the extra for the X7?

Cheers

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Unfortunately for those of us who have huge storage requirements there isn't much choice, we either buy apple, the x7, or a sansa and rockbox it to get the storage. Well I suppose now you could get a Samsung galaxy player and use that. As far as I know there is no work around for the file limitation.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo. FryDaddy View Post
or a sansa and rockbox it to get the storage.
What is the process here? Does rockbox allow it to exceed 32gb limit on an sd card?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Formatting a microsdxc card to FAT32 allows it to be read and used in a Rockboxed player. You need to use a tool like GUIFormat as Windows won't format a card that large FAT32.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 PM

So how big a card can be used or can it be any size as long as its fat32 formatted?

Old 12-27-2012, 02:42 AM

Theoretically the sky's the limit with RockBox as long as it's formatted to fat32, but when your up into that Ultra-High capacity sometimes the player response will become sluggish (happened in my own experience but may not to others (probably depends on the speed of the card)). Just some food for thought.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,