android
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Default Recommended tips for Sennheiser Ie8

I'm after something similar to THESE triple flange silicone ear tips I purchased for my EarSonics sm3's.
Great tips but can't be used on the Ie8

If there's no triple flange silicone tips for ie8 THESE Ultimate Ears Super.Fi Single Flange Silicone Rubber Tips was one option. But I've been soo used to using triple flange tips I'm not sure if I'll like those single flange ones.

Also not after spending anything silly on custom tips etc. 20 at the very most.

Any suggestions people would be great. Thanks!

EDIT:
Okay I've found THESE triple flanges.
Might end up being total crap, but they're cheap and worth a try!
Once I get them I'll let you all know if they're any good, but might be a while before they arrive :s

Last edited by Moyt; 11-05-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I hate the multi flange tips personally so I cant be much help. I do love my comply tips though. super comfortable and well worth the money IMHO.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:10 PM

I've researched this extensively when I owned an IE8 as I found them notoriously hard to get a good fit/seal with.

I found the comply tips to be quite comfortable with the IE8; however, removing a used tip literally ripped the nozzle out of the IE8 (as it is glued on by Sennheiser, a very bad design choice) and I needed to glue them back together, with the sad feeling that my IE8 is no longer perfect.

Eventually, I settled on using the silicone tips that come with Alpine earplugs http://alpineearplugs.com/prod_musicsafe.htm. I found them to be the most comfortable and best-sealing and I recommend to use them with this IEM wholeheartedly. Naturally, your mileage may vary.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 PM

I guess it really does come down to personal preference when it comes to tips. Comply tips I've tried in the past, but I found they never lasted long for me and would break-up, as well as not being as hygienic to wear.

Yes I came across those Alpine tips. But then just after I bought THOSE triple flange ones on e-Bay I hit the jackpot right after HERE... Transparent Clear in-ear Buds Gels for Ultimate Ears
Arrived yesterday these are wonderful for my IE8's!
Not only do my ear holes not hurt anymore from all previous tips used, they isolate any external sound very well!
Even better they don't budge (never mind annoyingly fall out) in the slightest when I jog now. A very nice find for myself.
If any of you are fans of triple flange silicone tips, be sure to buy those.
Again the link HERE

I tight fit at first on the ie8, but once on they do wonders for me.

Big fat smile on my face, I'm sorted (while I arrange to have my SM3's repaired eeeek!)

Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Heh I was just about to recommend that Audiozones store but I see you found it. I use the TF-80 tips myself.

So you say the transparent ones are better? They look the same (except color) in the photos. How are they different? Another material? And what about those EarSonic tips, why are they so good? I heard some praise on them, but they're a bit pricey to just buy them blindly

Old 11-08-2012, 04:54 PM

No idea if the transparent ones are better, I literally bought them both one after another.
I'm still waiting on the ones from Audiozones (from Singapore) to be delivered.
They both look exactly the same shape/size I think, I can't see there being any difference apart from the color. But if there is once they're delivered I'll let you know here.

The triple flange tips I use for SM3 are just my personal favorites. My priority when it comes to tips is to look for comfort, good against wear & tear, easy to clean, as well making my IEM's actually stay in my ears when using the gym/running/cycling.
Some people like triple flange silicone tips, some don't.
Again just one of those things that comes down to personal preference