android
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM

Unhappy RegSvr32 error when downloading software

I have a 2005 Creative MicroPhoto MP3 Player. Just purchased a new computer recently with Windows7. When I try to download the software for my MP3 player (from a disk), this error pops up on the screen:
RegSvr32 fails to register "C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Creative Zen MicroPhoto\CmeMtp64.dll"
After continuing with the download, I receive this message with I click on the Zen MicroPhoto icon:
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."
Also, when I plug in my MP3 player & go into Devices & Printers, an error pops up signifying that the Zen MicroPhoto "does not have driver." I try to troubleshoot it but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I would uninstall that software . Read the info in the link & go from there.http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...aspx?sid=90742

Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM

When I attempt to download the Media Feature Pack for Windows 7, I get this error: "update not applicable to your computer." Not sure if my computer is a Windows 7 N or KN or if that has anything to do with my problem. I've tried to research this issue online but cannot come up with a solution. Any ideas?