android
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 PM

Default Zune HD dumbed Down To Windows Phone

Just received email from "XBox" that as of 8-31 (2 days--thanks for the advance notice, MS) Zune HD apps, channels and mixview will no longer be supported in Zune software "in preparation for XBox Music later this Fall". This is less features, so far, not the same service MS promised we would have. I did use channels on my Zune HD (although they did not work on Windows Phone).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 PM

All I gotta say is thank god they're still allowing downloads. No other service lets you download on a PC. I have so many GB's of music I downloaded that I would be PISSED if I couldn't access it anymore. I just hope they release an iOS and Android app for XBox Music so I can actually listen to all of that music on a mobile phone since I never bought a Windows Phone.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
All I gotta say is thank god they're still allowing downloads. No other service lets you download on a PC. I have so many GB's of music I downloaded that I would be PISSED if I couldn't access it anymore. I just hope they release an iOS and Android app for XBox Music so I can actually listen to all of that music on a mobile phone since I never bought a Windows Phone.
Actually, Spotify and Rhapsody (I combine that with Napster now) both allow downloads. I had Rhapsody for years until this past year when I switched to ZunePass (better). Rhapsody, for 10 bucks a month, allowed I think 3 or 4 computers and only one portable device for downloads. My daughter uses the free Spotify. I think the paid one lets you download to a PC and a phone. I don't think it works on mp3 players (Rhapsody does).

Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Just in case you haven't seen this, you can check my post here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70470

(under the ZuneHD forum if that doesn't work) you'll see how to re-enable the features that were removed. I have no idea how long any of these will still work, but maybe they'll forget to disable them on their end.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj1962 View Post
Just in case you haven't seen this, you can check my post here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70470

(under the ZuneHD forum if that doesn't work) you'll see how to re-enable the features that were removed. I have no idea how long any of these will still work, but maybe they'll forget to disable them on their end.

Good point jkj, I read that post and download a majority of the "good" apps. It's only a matter of time when they are fully removed from their servers.
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM

HD Apps are still available at this time!