android
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM

Unhappy J3 won't turn off

Hello everybody, it's been a couple of month now since I stopped using my J3, because it won't turn off anymore, so my battery drains quickly. I want to give it a last try, so here it goes:

1. When I try to turn it off (turn off o r sleep mode) it just exits the main screen and shows "Battery Full" screen. Anytime I press the "Play / Pause" button it quickly turns on. That's why I know it remains powered on all the time, otherwise it should show the usual J3 splash screen at startup.

2. I managed to turn it off, but the process is weird. First, I have to plug the player on a PC using the USB cable, then unplugged it and connect it to a external USB battery (5V and 500 mAh). After that it turn off (it turn off inmediately after connecting to the external battery).

3. I already tried formatting (with the special tools listed on this forum) and tcctools, but nothing happens.

Please, if anybody knows something about this problem, just let me know.

Thanks guys!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM

How long are you holding down the power button? You should be holding it down for about two seconds to turn the player on/off.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
How long are you holding down the power button? You should be holding it down for about two seconds to turn the player on/off.
Hi. Believe me, I'm holding it down for more than 2 seconds. Nothing happens.
I forgot to mention that the RESET button doensn't work either (pressing it even for 20 seconds...).

Thanks for your interest.

Tags
battery problem