android
Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 PM

Default Cowon S9 always appears to be charging

Hi

My S9 always shows as charging now, whether there is a charger connected or not. This eventually runs the battery down.

I've tried re-install of firmware, but this did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2012, 04:52 PM

I take it you've tried the reset button? The reset button disconnects the power from the player briefly which might refresh the issue.

If not, it could be circuit board damage. I had this happen to my P3 when it got wet, it fixed itself over time, though.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 AM

Has anyone figured out the cause of the problem, or even found a solution to it? My S9 just started to do the same thing. I would prefer not to have to replace it or send it in to get fixed. Many thanks.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShamBo263 View Post
Has anyone figured out the cause of the problem, or even found a solution to it? My S9 just started to do the same thing. I would prefer not to have to replace it or send it in to get fixed. Many thanks.
Sorry for the late reply, did you expose this device to moisture? I suspect there may be corrosion or short in the charging port contacts in port, charging cable or on motherboard. Cleaning the port with denatured alcohol may temperarily help but I could cause some other short to a component. Use this as the last resort.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Redneck Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot0m View Post
Sorry for the late reply, did you expose this device to moisture? I suspect there may be corrosion or short in the charging port contacts in port, charging cable or on motherboard. Cleaning the port with denatured alcohol may temperarily help but I could cause some other short to a component. Use this as the last resort.

Rubbing alcohol(Isopropyl Alcohol) actually doesn't conduct electricity to begin with. Which is the reason it is used to clean electronic components.

If your still worried you should disconnect the battery prior to using the alcohol and allow it to dry out properly then it wont be able to short anything.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 11-23-2012, 05:16 PM

Mine did the same thing and I tried everything I could think of to resolve it. I finally gave up and sent it in for repair. It turned out the circuit board needed to be replaced. I think the bill was around $100.00 including shipping.