android
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Default Album art matrix doesn't show. Please help?

Aaaahhh, could need some help! I checked all over the internet but can't find a solution.

All of a sudden: my album art doesn't show when I turn the J3 to the left or right, while playing. In Matrix view. When I play an invidual song it is indeed mostly showing album cover.

I am using the standerd Cowon interface.
I have the J3 in MSC mode, always.
I use Windows 7 drag and drop to get files on the J3.
I have the latest firmware. 2.29
I am using MP3nity for taging and Album art.
I have imbedded the album cover in each individual song. There is no jpg file in the folder, just in every song.

What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 PM

A cover.jpg in the folder? Might depend on the how you have your music organized.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 PM

Well I embedded album art in every single file, and I have like 20 albums which I transfered on the J3 before, and it does show those covers.

It only doesn't show album covers of NEW folders I put on the J3. Huh? EVEN if I put a jpg album cover named "cover" in the folder. It just doesn't accept anything new it seems...

Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 PM

Are your music files MP3 or FLAC or OGG or WMA or APE?

When you rotate the J3 horizontally, do you see the 2x5 matrix, but for the newly copied albums you see the default placeholder music note instead of the album art you expect to see?

The album art for Matrix Browser is actually 95x95 miniatures, resized by the J3 at boot time by analysis of all of your newly discovered music files and stored in \System\MusicDB as individual ab_nnn.jpg images. If you can browse your J3 with an image viewer program while it's connected to a PC and look at the \System\MusicDB, you should see all of this album art images.

If you don't have ab_nnn.jpg miniatures in \System\MusicDB for the newly copied music then that's the root cause of the symptom you are seeing in Matrix Browser. If so, we need to find out why the J3 isn't developing those 95x95 miniatures for your newly copied music.

Again... what type of music files are these? And did you copy the music files while the J3 was in MSC mode or MTP mode?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:07 AM

thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

When I go to the system folder \System\MusicDB as individual ab_nnn.jpg images I see some pics of albums that "work", who DO show cover art in the matrix. The new ones I only see a file which is empty. When I click it and go to properties it says it is empty.

I tried to use mp3tag.de and when I use that software instead of MP3nity, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just that I want to add lyrics and I don't know if mp3tag.de can do that. However, my main problem is now solved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks anyway for the help!!! I really don't understand why mp3tag.de works and the other mp3nity doesn't. Weird!!!!!!

BTW, using MP3 only,

Old 05-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaloha View Post
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

When I go to the system folder \System\MusicDB as individual ab_nnn.jpg images I see some pics of albums that "work", who DO show cover art in the matrix. The new ones I only see a file which is empty. When I click it and go to properties it says it is empty.
AHA!

So we've gotten to at least understand why you're seeing no picture in Matrix Browser for these new files... because the 95x95 miniature actually doesn't contain a true usable JPG image.

Quote:
I tried to use mp3tag.de and when I use that software instead of MP3nity, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be honest, I'd never heard of MP3nity. I myself only use MP3Tag for all my tagging needs (although I do not imbed my album art in tags, but rather use the cover.jpg per physical album folder approach).

It does sound like MP3nity is the culprit. I have 100% confidence that MP3Tag is your absolute best choice for a tagging utility.

And now that you've seen it can do a proper job of imbedding usable album art in the tags of your new music files, even while MP3nity apparently did not... well, you can just throw away MP3nity. Believe me, MP3Tag is a super-program (with lots of powerful capabilities and sophisticated options and features that I suspect you're not yet aware of).

Quote:
It's just that I want to add lyrics and I don't know if mp3tag.de can do that.
I have no direct knowledge on the subject of lyrics, which I don't use.

However you'll probably find this post on the MP3Tag Forum very informative and useful, in making use of the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag field to hold the lyrics. Of course the J3 doesn't make use of this field as far as I know. I think it uses an .LRC file for lyrics.

Quote:
However, my main problem is now solved!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks anyway for the help!!! I really don't understand why mp3tag.de works and the other mp3nity doesn't. Weird!!!!!!
Because MP3Tag is a terrific program, and MP3nity obviously is not.

Anyway, glad you got your important problem sorted out.