android
Old 12-17-2011, 10:51 PM

Default misticriver site gone?

I've been trying to get to the misticriver site referenced in a lot of posts here; Chrome tells me there is malware there, while Opera just gives me an error message. Anyone else having problems?

A great resource of information, hopefully not gone. I was able to get to it about a month ago, same computer, same browser.

Steve

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 PM

Misticriver has been off line for over two weeks now. Not good if you need additional resources for Iriver Clix.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 PM

I'm not sure whats happening with it. It started having a pop up window linking to some russian site a few weeks ago. I informed Jeff via PM and Email but got no reply. Then the whole malware thing happened and now its gone :-(.
If theres any info you need that I may be able to help with let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
I'm not sure whats happening with it. It started having a pop up window linking to some russian site a few weeks ago. I informed Jeff via PM and Email but got no reply. Then the whole malware thing happened and now its gone :-(.
If theres any info you need that I may be able to help with let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.
Hey, what's up?

I am wondering if Jeff finally decided to pull the plug. He was going to about a year ago but he changed his mind.

Here is the other thread when MR wasn't available the last time:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...ht=misticriver

I would have merged them but that thread is rather old.

Last edited by musichound; 12-20-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
I am wondering if Jeff finally decided to pull the plug. He was going to about a year ago but he changed his mind.
I guess thats a fair possibility though it seemed strange that he didn't relpy to anything.
I hope he's alright.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Yes, so far , so good. It's great to see you're an active member now.
Yep it seems as though I'm going to be a forum regular now :-). Provided theres no BUMP thread.......

Old 12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:

yep it seems as though i'm going to be a forum regular now :-). provided theres no bump thread.......
lol

Old 12-20-2011, 01:13 PM

Well hello MH :-).
Long time no see, hope your well.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Well hello MH :-).
Long time no see, hope your well.

Yes, so far , so good. It's great to see you're an active member now.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the echo on the site. So much information there, hope we can replicate/remember it here if needed.

Good to see mistic folks here.

Cheers
Steve

Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 AM

Today I decided to check out MisticRiver because I saw an iRiver eReader yesterday and had a sudden rush of nostalgia. I was disappointed to see that it was gone and then I find this which was only posted yesterday. Kind of funny :P

Good to see some familiar usernames again.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium View Post
Today I decided to check out MisticRiver because I saw an iRiver eReader yesterday and had a sudden rush of nostalgia. I was disappointed to see that it was gone and then I find this which was only posted yesterday. Kind of funny :P

Good to see some familiar usernames again.
Hey, welcome to ABI Sanitarium,
Do you still have your H300 player? I still have mine but it needs a battery.

Also, you need to bring here your avator. It wouldn't be the same without it. lol

Last edited by musichound; 12-21-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:45 PM

It would be great if someone could resurrect these Clix2 themes from this wayback machine archived website. I wish I was into Mp3 players when clixhere.net was active.

http://web.archive.org/web/200803181...ve-source.html

Old 07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Samsung Moderator

Hum it seems I missed this (old?) news.
Now I have an iRiver H320 and just bought a H10, I realize how sad it is this website is down, so many resources lost

Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Hi audiomodder I'll post what info I've got here on the forums over the next few days. Is there any thing in particular your looking for?
Let me know and I'll do my utmost to locate it for you.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sigh--so sad to read of this! A chapter of my DAP life (and my original DAP, which I still have) . . . .

And, as said above, so much info. to be lost! It would be great if at least the Wiki could be saved--great for replacement parts and self-servicing info., important as these players get older. E.g. the original and great iHP/H-100 players.

Boy, did iRiver screw things up for itself.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Like Sanitarium I went in search of misticriver after a bit of a nostalgia pang only to find nothing but a google search page with this thread at the top... I found my old H320 when I moved house last week and wanted to get it up and running again. I used to go by the username Denny1000 I think. Wrote a battery replacement guide.

RIP Misticriver (and Iriver I guess)

Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denjja View Post
Like Sanitarium I went in search of misticriver after a bit of a nostalgia pang only to find nothing but a google search page with this thread at the top... I found my old H320 when I moved house last week and wanted to get it up and running again. I used to go by the username Denny1000 I think. Wrote a battery replacement guide.

RIP Misticriver (and Iriver I guess)
Hi Denny, I remember your user name very well, and your battery replacement guide wa a tremendous help to a lot of people. Your user name wasn't Denny1000, it was just Denny.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM

Ah! I cant even remember which username I had! - Used to be on a lot of forums already populated by Denny's so gave up that name. Nice to be remembered

Did many folks migrate over here? I remember leaving when the H300 posts were down to about 3 a day and all the FAQ's got merged.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

And I, for one, thank you for your contributions at Misticriver--the user community there was just superb and helpful. Again, so sad . . . .

A favorite recollection of mine there: implementing (with Board non-objection) a commando request plan through Misticriver posts to get a major case manufacturer to make cases for the HP players--and it worked!

Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM

jumbuck, thanks for the offer- your name looks familiar from the old forums.

The main thing which I think would be GREAT to have from the old forums is the old schematics for the HP-1xx players. Someone went through a lot of work back then to trace everything out and it was amazing...just like having a full service manual.

I love my player to death but that connector underneath the power board keeps having problems. Some schematics would help me troubleshoot some more.

Nice to see people posting here and keeping the iriver goodies alive

One other thing I miss: having the trading forum for iriver stuff. It was great to be able to find remotes and parts on there. Who knows when I'll be able to find another daughter or mother board and the units sell for $100+ used on ebay still >_<
-Audiomodder

Tags
iriver, misticriver