android
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Default No news?

Nothing new in the news on the homepage since November 15th? C'mon where are the new and interesting upcoming PMP's, headphones, and gadgety things?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Send me some and I'll be happy to review them

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM

haha well i depend on you guys for all the new info lol.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Sorry, I caught a nasty flu and didn't feel well enough to post on the front page.

Well, I just posted something that should get people's juices flowing...

Old 12-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Cowon could have made an excellent D3 followup - with all the right hardware - to make it a killer device,...WTF!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM

Yeah, there is a whole lot of new players and PMPs that iriver has come out with, the P8, B100, E40, S100, E300, U100 and the new android player iriver Vanilla! Has iriver fallen out of ABI's good graces? Or have they just gotten that bad.. I need to know if these players are worth my time and money.

PS. Sorry to hear you had the flu, that is never fun.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

iriver is considered shit nowadays, we pass on all their crap.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
iriver is considered shit nowadays, we pass on all their crap.

That's really sad... I've been spying on their website for awhile and thought that there might be some cool new players to be had, but I'm guessing that's not the case seeing as no one has posted any reviews on a iriver or updated any of the forums. So if iriver is no more in the MP3 world, what is worth looking forward to?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalGusBus View Post
That's really sad... I've been spying on their website for awhile and thought that there might be some cool new players to be had, but I'm guessing that's not the case seeing as no one has posted any reviews on a iriver or updated any of the forums. So if iriver is no more in the MP3 world, what is worth looking forward to?
Sony, Samsung, Sandisk, Cowon, Archos, even Apple,....all WAY BETTER and worth paying attention to.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Sony, Samsung, Sandisk, Cowon, Archos, even Apple,....all WAY BETTER and worth paying attention to.

Oh yeah? Can't believe that Sony has anything wroth lookin at. I have been looking forward to what Archos, Samsung and Cowon has to show off in 2012. Hopfully Sandisk and Creative wont do the same ol' same ol'. I still have faith in iriver. The Spinn was one of the best players I have ever owned... Maybe someday they will rise up from the ashes.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah? Can't believe that Sony has anything wroth lookin at
Sony's stuff has gotten much better ever since they ditched that horrid SonicStage.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
The Spinn was one of the best players I have ever owned... Maybe someday they will rise up from the ashes.
IMO it had an afoul display quality but I agree about iRiver at least it's trying to find the right path some others are totally retarded or dead.
---------------
one thing I haven't saw anywhere is news about recorders.
some of the best ones:
SONY PCMD1 2000$
The Nagra SD 1000$
Korg MR-2 1 700$
ROLAND R-26 600$
ZOOM H4N 500$
TASCOM DR-100MKII 450$
KENWOOD MGR-E8-B 450$
OLYMPUS LS-100 400$
YAMAHA POCKETRAK CX 300$

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 01-03-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, just because everybody needs to get an outlet for their MP3 player angst and can't discern between 'low mainstream popularity' and 'bad quality' doesn't mean iriver is dead in the slightest.

iriver have some great offerings including the iriver Tab (with Android), the iriver E300 and S100 (both directly comparable to the Cowon i10) and the iriver U100, which has both Wi-Fi and specs to rival the J3:

The U100 is rated at 50 hours' battery life for audio, 11 hours' for video.

Don't lose sight of iriver just because some pretentious dude on a forum tries to tell you what to think. Look at the facts instead of the opinion - if you don't, you might as well just get an iPod Touch already and be over with it.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowon D3 View Post
Don't lose sight of iriver just because some pretentious dude on a forum tries to tell you what to think. Look at the facts instead of the opinion - if you don't, you might as well just get an iPod Touch already and be over with it.
^That isn't acceptable here. You need to find a way to express that you disagree with an opinion without negatively characterizing the person that expresses the opinion.

Expressing your thoughts on an opinion encourages healthy debate. Making it personal starts flame wars.

BTW, iRiver is for all intents and purposes dead in the US. Their last offering flopped so hard here there's no longer a major distributor that carries them. Some of the models can still be purchased directly from their website or eBay here but that's it.

Edit:
I have done more research and found there are iRiver product available on Amazon and possibly other online vendors. I still haven't located them as available at any major B&M in the US. I'll keep looking and update if I find anything.

Poor research on my part. Sorry

Last edited by skip252; 01-16-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added info about online vendors

Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
^That isn't acceptable here. You need to find a way to express that you disagree with an opinion without negatively characterizing the person that expresses the opinion.

Expressing your thoughts on an opinion encourages healthy debate. Making it personal starts flame wars.

BTW, iRiver is for all intents and purposes dead in the US. Their last offering flopped so hard here there's no longer a major distributor that carries them. Some of the models can still be purchased directly from their website or eBay here but that's it.
Thank you for stating the FACTS for us here in the USA skip, as well as stating the stance on personal attacks that will MOST DEFINATELY start a flame war.

For now, I'll mostly let this pass - considering it came from a well respected Cowon rep,...

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post

Indeed, all the hype I see for iriver players revolves around the old H-series hard drive players, which date back many years....they still have their diehard fans after all this time. Of course, when I ask, "If they were so awesome why were they discontinued?", nobody has an answer...lol.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowon D3 View Post

Thanks man! I've made up my mind to pull the triger on a iRiver K1 Smart HD. I can't help being a fan boy, but iriver has always made great players and I plan to stick with em'. Heck, every one has been braging about samsung and sansa forever and I have not seen any reason to be impressed with them at all. Sure, they have made some nice players, but nothing that I would go buy and place on a alter to worship like it's made out to be. Doesn't mean they aren't quality players though.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Also, J3 and Sansa Clip+ are on my list.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:51 AM

iRiver has good price range I have used T9 acceptable recording quality. impressive by it's price & size nice sound(but not suitable for my needs). G-sensor & ...
when a person asks for a player with 40 hours playback time, memory slot,MSC,good sound quality,higher capacity than other players in the same price range , supports near all audio formats & ... for only 60-100 dollars this is the only brand I can suggest.
it's way better than Creative for so many reasons

Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

CES coming soon. Should be some device news any day now.