android
Old 11-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Default Q3 informations needed before order

Hi everyone!

I am new to this website and forum. Sorry for my limited english, I will try my best to be understood.

I am about to order the Q3 but I would like to be sure of a few things first because I have never had a samsung player before :

1) I have seen many pics from different websites and forums and I do not understand why some pics have a "samsung" label and some have a "yepp" label (including this thread). What is yepp ? Are there any fake players ?

2) I listen to japanese and korean music from time to time. Does the Q3 display non-latin alphabet caracters from filenames, file informations ? Or will I have to switch to the korean firmware ?

3) Which kind of subtitles does the Q3 support ? .srt .txt .other ?

4) Is the samsung wave 575 charging cable compatible with the Q3 ?

5) Are the earphones provided any good ?

6) Does the Kies software provided have any interesting features ?

7) Do you know any websites where I may purchase stylish protecting accessories ?

I think that's it so far. Maybe some of my questions are stupid but I really like the design of this player and I would like to be sure it fits my expectations.

Thanks for your answers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santasprite View Post
Hi everyone!
1) I have seen many pics from different websites and forums and I do not understand why some pics have a "samsung" label and some have a "yepp" label (including this thread). What is yepp ? Are there any fake players ?
yepp was the former name for these players more or less

Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Samsung Moderator

1) YEPP is the historical name of the Korean MP3 division. YEPP was written on Korean models while Samsung was written on Wordwide models. Since this year Samsung is also used in Korea. See this thread for more info: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=62810

2) It supports non-latin alphabet caracters with any firmware/region code

3) SMI and SRT subtitles

4) If it's a microSD connector, probably, otherwise no.

5) Quite good for stock earphones but it's still better to buy other earphones if you have the money

6) No, you don't need it, you can use drag&drop for file transfers

7) Don't know. Ebay probably

Here is my full review you should read: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/01/s...-yp-q3-review/

Old 11-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks for your replies. Really helpful indeed. Although I had already read the review before but did not pay attention to the charge section.

See ya all !