android
Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM

Default is there a sony with these features?

Hello,

I need a mp3 player of sony with these features :

- I need the capability to delete files directly from the mp3 player, so not connect it to the computer every time, find the file and delete; just "remove this track from the device" directly from the player;
- At least 64gb of space;
- The ability to manage playlist (maybe m3u), but this is not so important.

Any idea? I like the design and audio quality of sony, I'd like stay to this generation

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you're stateside, you can't get 64GB Sony's. There are A series available in some other countries that go up to 64. I don't know about the other two req's.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
If you're stateside, you can't get 64GB Sony's. There are A series available in some other countries that go up to 64.
What do you mean? Which countries? Official sony page doesnt get any model up to 64...

Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfonplaz View Post
What do you mean? Which countries? Official sony page doesnt get any model up to 64...
I know Japan had some. I don't know about the EU and other places. Now you know everything I do.

Just Some Guy is right, and the new line of A series players in America don't go up to 64GB.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 PM

You could get the 64 GB A847 from the United Kingdom. I got mine from advancedmp3 in the UK (but they had a sale on and the exchange rate was in my favor, so mine wasn't that much). In fact, they have a few items right now that you might be interested in.

Cowon J3 - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...ayer.4380.html (cheaper than the other two, so you might want to grab a 32GB card to go with that)

Sony A847 - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...ayer.4667.html

Sony A867 - http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/...ACK.13114.html

Those fit what you're looking for, but the price might be a bit much.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM

I don't think any current or recent Walkman models support on-device file deletion, or m3u playlists. They support either an on-the-go playlist of 100 files, or they need to be plugged into a computer to make playlists (which are in pla format, not m3u).

As for the capacity, the A848, A857 and A867 players are 64 GB, but nothing higher exists at the moment, much to the annoyance of some member here.

Sony did make several hard-drive based players, but they're quite old by now and didn't come anywhere near todays capacities.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you can find a Sony player that meets your requirements. You may want to look into the Cowon players. They offer everything you want and more.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM

sony's don't support file management on the device. You have to connect to your pc.. getting one with 64 gb isn't that hard.. Playlists can be created on your computer

Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 PM

But with these player is it possible to manage files directly on the device? Or even connecting them on pc?

Anyway, I know Sony wouldn't be the choose at this point. And yes, I'm open to every kind of device! Are they Cowon player similar as music quality? Please suggest every kind of player, I'm looking for everythings

P.S. What about this? Yes it's 32gb, but at this point I prefeer playlist and file management instead of maximum size (that could be 32gb... in the end...)

Last edited by djfonplaz; 08-27-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
But with these player is it possible to manage files directly on the device? Or even connecting them on pc?
On the player? Not really. You can play them and that's about it. If you plug it into your computer, you can look at all the folders and files on the player through Windows, and move, copy and delete just like normal.

Quote:
Anyway, I know Sony wouldn't be the choose at this point. And yes, I'm open to every kind of device! Are they Cowon player similar as music quality? Please suggest every kind of player, I'm looking for everythings
Well, the J3 is highly recommended by many people here, so that's a good choice. There's also the Cowon X7, which is a hard-drive player, but it's 160 GB and does stuff like videos and internet. You can even customize the screen.

Quote:
P.S. What about this? Yes it's 32gb, but at this point I prefeer playlist and file management instead of maximum size (that could be 32gb... in the end...)
The Creative players... I would have said "yes, get one" about five years ago, but today... I don't know if I can really feel good about suggesting a Creative player now.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:21 AM

Those J3 and X7 both are touch. Also, X7 is very larger imo Anyway, can you confirm that with Cowon J3 (or X7) I can manage file directly from the device? And manage playlist?

Last edited by djfonplaz; 08-28-2011 at 04:28 AM.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Those J3 and X7 both are touch. Also, X7 is very larger imo Anyway, can you confirm that with Cowon J3 (or X7) I can manage file directly from the device? And manage playlist?
I don't have either myself, but going from what others have said, they are supposed to offer file management.

And yes, they are touch-screen players. Sadly, that seems to be the direction every company is going. Touch-screen this, touch-pad that, it's all about not having buttons anymore.

I blame Star Trek The Next Generation.

Old 08-28-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Yes it's 32gb, but at this point I prefeer playlist and file management instead of maximum size (that could be 32gb... in the end...)
You may want to look at an 8-GB SanDisk Clip+ with a 32-GB microSDHC card running Rockbox.

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x7-730004.4.4.

Another possibility is an 8-GB SanDisk Fuze with a 32-GB microSDHC card running Rockbox. Perhaps you should take a look at the list of MP3 players that support Rockbox.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Cowon players ALL allow deletion of files directly from the player - so a Cowon is a perfect fit.

As for the New Sony NWZ-A867 64gb mp3 player, I new those assholes at SONY would release a 64gb player in the EU - but NOT here in the USA!!! This pieces of SHIT (SONY)!!!