android
Old 03-31-2011, 02:20 PM

Default Argggg... lost my Q3

I lost my Q3 in Costa Rica and now it seems very hard to find another on the US market. I paid $54 before and now the least expensive black unit is $80. Samsung tech support said that it's discontinued, but he was speaking about the US market, and I'm not sure it's ever really officially shipped to the US market. Does anyone know if it is discontinued in Korea?

Anyhow. There are few other players that check the boxes for me. Good battery life, non-touch screen, smallish, decent LCD, drag and drop any file, good voice recorder, and good price.

For those considering the unit in other markets, get it. I found that the ear buds are pretty decent for bundled buds. Worth half the price I paid. The interface is really great for those who like tactile controls--just so intuitive and took no time to learn without reading the manual. The sound quality through good headphones is great and really good considering the included buds are a very good value. Samsung Clip+ is a contender in this price bracket, but the Q3 has better battery life and a better LCD.

Seth

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallygoots View Post
Samsung tech support said that it's discontinued, but he was speaking about the US market
Lol. But why is it so common that people working for a company don't know anything about their company and their products. What are these people paid for? So many people I would fire immediately if I could...

The Q3 can't be discontinued in the USA since it has never been officialy released there. Q3s sold in the USA are imported by webstores.

The Q3 has been released only some months ago and is discontinued nowhere.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Thanks Lebellium,

I saw that used on on Amazon, but I think I'll wait a bit because as you say, it's not discontinued anywhere where it has been officially released. I hope some new web sellers will carry it soon in the US. They have them at one local retailer for $80, but that's too high for a 4GB player imo. The seller I originally purchased from for $54 doesn't think they will get any more, so I'll just keep my eyes open. So few non-touch screen players available these days. If I were to splash out it would probably be for a J3, but I'm not really wanting to spend a bunch of dough on a player with an interface type I don't prefer. Maybe I should just get over it and get a touch something or other (like an R1), but gerrr.....

Anyhow, thanks for the comments. and yeah, I wish you could fire people who know nothing. Better yet, I wish I could get a few of you all together and design our own MP3 player.

Cheers,
Seth

Old 04-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

However, the R0 has been officially released in the USA and I like it more than my Q3. I don't know how much it is sold in the USA but maybe you should have a look at it

Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM

what about the cowon i9? its small, got great sound, and a nice lcd

Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM

I've now considered the i9 and R0 and I think I will go for one of these (probably the R0). Great suggestions both. I like the 4GB price, and it seems that the R0 only ships in 8GB, but it's still a really decent deal and not much more than the overly expensive Q3 that are being offered online.

Lebellium, in what ways to you prefer the R0 over the Q3? How's the tactile interface? Battery life? I do like the card slot option.

Cheers,
Seth

Old 04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Samsung Moderator

For me, tactile buttons are better on the R0 than on the Q3 (better placed and less noisy), I love its full aluminum body, the screen is a bit better and bigger. The microSD slot is also a good thing although it is not integrated in the library.
Battery life is clearly better on the Q3.
Read this thread for the R0 battery life (battery life in DNSe mode has been a bit improved since fw 1.14) and the ABI review for the Q3 battery life.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Wow! My myDNSe caused a real hit. Glad to know it's improved with fw. 25h is good enough for me. I'm sad to hear that there is no voice recorder and the SD is not integrated into the library. The worst thing about losing the Q3 was that we had been recording a trip log through Costa Rica on it.

What is the Samsung product cycle like? Is the R series nearing an update. The Q3 is newer than the R0 I assume.

Best,
Seth