android
Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Unhappy Library update error again and again

Hello out there,

this week I recieved my second YP-R0 16 gb version. The first one had the famous library update error after loading some MP3 files on it. Although I did a firmware update to version 1.23 before loading files on the player the library update screen got stuck at 99 %. (old firmware was 1.07) Restarting the player always showed "Updating Library" during the YP-R0 welcome screen. Connection the player to my computer was not possible. I sent the player back to the shop and recieved the second player. Guess what? After updating the firmware and copying my mp-3 files on it the error showed up again. This stupid bug is driving my crazy. What the hell is wrong with this player? I am tired of sending the player across the world again and again and not being able to listen to my music. Someone else of you is stucked in this crazy loop? Are there any news about this bug? Is there anything I can do except pressing the reset button (normal & 10seconds) and trying to delete the files - which is not possible because my computer does not detect the player.

Thanks for your help
Peter

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Samsung Moderator

There are many causes for this issue. Many have been fixed yet but there are probably other unknown/undiscovered causes. If one of your files is a new unknown cause, you'll always get the issue as long as it isn't fixed. So you may brick one, two, ten, hundred R0 devices with this file.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:41 PM

It's astonishing that Samsung hasn't been able to fully fix this awful bug for such a long time now, going through numerous revisions. One would think they got to the root of the problem by now, but no luck. This shows that the R0 firmware is a mess and they don't care to fix a product after initial release, or else they would allocate proper resources to fix this problem once and for all. It's hard to believe that they don't have capable programmers.

It's not some minor issue, it's a _bricking_ bug, arguably the worst thing that could go wrong for the customer. I'm baffled. End of rant.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:45 AM

hi,ive just bought a yp-r0 16gb second hand ,i load my music and am getting the same problem
please help i rang samsung who were very unhelpfull
does anyone know what i can do?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 AM

hi,ive just bought a yp-r0 16gb second hand ,i load my music and am getting the same problem
please help i rang samsung who were very unhelpfull
does anyone know what i can do?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 PM

It is really incredible...I think they're really spending a lot of money for all these cases under warranty!! It is quite incredible that developers can't add a simply error control in their sources...please lebellium I now that your not a samsung dev (fortunately? ) but write them the next time that they could add some errors check: if a file fails no problem,just continue without adding it in the library and maybe report...

I think there's a problem detecting some tags and until they don't do a system to log everything to a file,the solution is not quite near ...