android
Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 AM

Default 7.1 PC speaker system?

I'm looking for a 7.1 speaker setup for my PC, Gonna be used for gaming and making music. I'm pretty clueless, anyone got recommendations?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 AM
General Audio Moderator

Music creation or monitoring is best done on a 2 channel setup , and 99% of music is mixed in a 2 channel mix down. I would say all 7.1 systems designed for pc gaming are rubbish as well, usually no correct full range drivers in the satellites and the sub handles both mids and lows.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:17 PM

For making music you're going to want some type of studio monitors. For gaming 5.1 is the most you'll ever need. Some will argue with me on this but 7.1 (or more) setups are gimmicky at best.

What kind?

Will, we need more info from you, what's your budget? How much space do have... How big is the room?
Are you serious in making music? How much gaming do you actually do? Sound card?

Old 11-30-2011, 06:06 PM

You can always do what i do... i use to old home theater amps one is channeling low frequency to my 12" sony explode from a sub woofer non-preamped line and the regular channels come out of the main theater system. all works well and preforms nicely. I'm looking for rear speakers for movies and maybe some gaming and i can run a seprate line from my sound card for rear channel audio to them. It's just a 4.1 setup and it does the job perfectly fine. No problems and it sounds just as good. Two book shelf speakers and a car sub. Thats mainly all im using at the moment.

Tags
gaming, music, speaker, system