android
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM

Default D2+ w/rockbox

Hey All,

I am in pursuit of a new MP3 player, and i am looking at the D2+.

the main reasons i am looking at the D2+ are:
- lots of power...most important cuz i want to use nice cans w/o additional amp (HD595 or DT880/32)
- killer battery life
- small(ish) form factor
- expandable memory

the only thing holding me back is that i have read that the D2+ has a rolled of bottom end, so i am wondering if rockboxing a D2+ fixes this problem.

if not, what MP3 player would you guys recommend that can (decently) drive HD595's or DT880/32's...and has at least 20hrs battery life...

thanx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 PM

With those phones any bass-roll off will be fixed and not noticeable at all. Also, the roll-off is a hardware issue (same as with the majority of available players, not just the D2), Rockbox can't fix that. Either way, you will be fine with the D2 and those Senns/Beyers, be it with Rockbox or stock firmware.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 AM

I just rceived a D2+ and have loaded it up with Jazz flac files. I am listening through Sennheiser HD 280s. It's a beautiful thing. I don't know what bass roll-off means or what it sounds like, but my listening experience has bee wonderful.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
I just rceived a D2+ and have loaded it up with Jazz flac files. I am listening through Sennheiser HD 280s. It's a beautiful thing. I don't know what bass roll-off means or what it sounds like, but my listening experience has bee wonderful.
With those headphones, there would be no bass roll-off.....so enjoy!