android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman

Old 12-07-2010, 06:12 AM

Default Vintage (1985 / 1986) James Bond Sony Walkman questions?

Hi.

Bond freak here (ww.007jamesbond.dk)
I am researching the Sony walkman that the Necros the henchman in the Bond movie “the living daylight” uses to kill (garrotte) people.

Anybody who can identify the walkman type (look at screen shot) – it is on Necros (man with hat)

Kind regards.

Ian

(hope this post is not considered spam)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2010, 06:33 AM

The screenshot you posted is too blurry to see anything - maybe you can find/identify it here: http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/sony/. Below the images there's a chronological list.

Edit: could very likely be the WM-F15.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:21 AM

Hi dfkt

Thanks for your replay… Yes I know it is a bad photo – but I can seence the design – I will try to get a better photo..

If it is WM-F15, then I have only one question (I could be), why would Sony use an old walkman in the movie (movie released in 1986, production 1985) and use a 1984 walkman, I also sense a blue line – but perhaps that was added later.

Still WM-F15 is a god suggestion… Anybody have others ?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 AM

Well, times weren't moving as fast back then, especially for electronic devices. Back then a 2 year old player wasn't considered totally outdated, as is the case with today's MP3 players.

The site I linked is pretty exhaustive, so if the player isn't on there, it's probably impossible to find elsewhere. Did you look at all the models? I couldn't find anything that resembles the thing closer than the F15.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Well, times weren't moving as fast back then, especially for electronic devices. Back then a 2 year old player wasn't considered totally outdated, as is the case with today's MP3 players.

The site I linked is pretty exhaustive, so if the player isn't on there, it's probably impossible to find elsewhere. Did you look at all the models? I couldn't find anything that resembles the thing closer than the F15.
True – about time not going so fast then.. Still wonder why they didn’t make any new walkmans in 1985… so perhaps you are right. I also think it looks like the F15 model…(did Phillips also do walkman ?? – Phillips is also a sponsor on Bond, like the keyring finder he uses in the movie)
Just wonder as a Bond movie is a very nice place to launch new products..