android
Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Zune HD Firmware 4.7 Requests Thread

Now that firmware 4.5 has been released, what are some missing features in 4.5 that you want in the next firmware, 4.7?

Here are some that I want.

- Custom EQ

- Better overall performance - It can always be better

- Silverlight and Flash

- Windows Phone 7 support

- Better WiFi support

- Zune to Zune streaming and transfer.

- Even more codecs support.

- Flac

- Option to turn off lock screen

Last edited by aimran; 04-07-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Well, that didn't take long...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond231 View Post
Well, that didn't take long...
LOL, someone will do it sooner or later so I might as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimran View Post
LOL, someone will do it sooner or later so I might as well.
I think that would be an amazing update...

Take off the freaking device reset thing that happens after exiting unofficial apps.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00T View Post
Take off the freaking device reset thing that happens after exiting unofficial apps.
We don't want this. Dave has already explained why this feature is in place, and I for one am glad. Microsoft is already being generous enough to let us have unofficial apps on this device. Your Zune HD restarts to minimize potential damage to your Zune if you unknowingly download an evil app. I am glad that Microsoft is letting us have these unofficial apps and a quick restart is worth the safety of my lovely Zune, in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
We don't want this. Dave has already explained why this feature is in place, and I for one am glad. Your Zune HD restarts to minimize potential damage to your Zune if you unknowingly download an evil app.
Here's a thought: Task a clever MS programmer to redesign the exit process of sandboxed "evil" apps so they remain unable to sabotage the rest of the content or OS/UI, but don't require a reboot.

I know it's "why they do it". I also know they could do it another way that would be less annoying if they just were told they had to. Sure it might be a challenge. Until they prove to me it's impossible, then I have to believe they simply don't have any motivation to do it.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:32 AM

WPA2 enterprise support.

4.5 would have been a much more enjoyable update if I could use most of the new and improved features.

Podcasts in the marketplace! And everything listed above, of course. Though I can tell ya right now most of that won't make it into 4.7. Also, I'm new to Zune. When are some other traditional times for firmware updates?

But, let's not forget about the great free update that the Zune Team delivered today...I felt I just had to add that since it seems like people are moving on quickly...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM

I would like to see digital copies get supported. I buy a bluray, it comes with a digital copy. It's not compatable with Zune. And, I don't have a bluray drive so I can't upload it to my computer. Rather annoying...

Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 PM

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=54050

They may not be done yet.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Windows Phone Moderator

After all the fuss over the "Spring Update" timing, maybe Dave can just offer us a Lunar Calendar ETA, or maybe what Chinese Year of which Animal we might see the next update in ? :P LOL

Will it be while the current British Monarch rules ? What about in which US Presidential term? How about in the year the Saints NEXT win the Super Bowl.....?

Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Aus View Post
After all the fuss over the "Spring Update" timing, maybe Dave can just offer us a Lunar Calendar ETA, or maybe what Chinese Year of which Animal we might see the next update in ? :P LOL

Will it be while the current British Monarch rules ? What about in which US Presidential term? How about in the year the Saints NEXT win the Super Bowl.....?
Dave deserves a break. LOL. But apparently Microsoft is listening to us so we can't stop now. Sorry Dave.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Windows Phone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimran View Post
Dave deserves a break. LOL. But apparently Microsoft is listening to us so we can't stop now. Sorry Dave.
Sorry my sarcasm missed the mark....it was meant for the complainers on this forum over the incredibly long wait into the Northern Hemisphere Winter "delivery window" LOL to get 4.5!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 PM

I think it would be nice to have some sort of memory for playlists. Like, I'll be listening to a shuffled playlist.. and say, I decide I want to show a friend a video. So I load the video. Later though I want to go back to the playlist, but the Zune won't remember the order of the songs or the song I was at on the list. It's just a tad annoying having to possibly listen to songs again that you recently listened to since I'd have to reshuffle the playlist. Not a big deal, but something that would be nice.

I noticed that videos remember which time you last paused it.. perhaps the same can be done for playlists?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGX View Post
I think it would be nice to have some sort of memory for playlists. Like, I'll be listening to a shuffled playlist.. and say, I decide I want to show a friend a video. So I load the video. Later though I want to go back to the playlist, but the Zune won't remember the order of the songs or the song I was at on the list. It's just a tad annoying having to possibly listen to songs again that you recently listened to since I'd have to reshuffle the playlist. Not a big deal, but something that would be nice.

I noticed that videos remember which time you last paused it.. perhaps the same can be done for playlists?
Just save the now playing.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM

Further Browser tweaks and additions.
- Tabs
- Homepage
- Forward button
- make even faster (if possible)

Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM

If they only let direct video (and podcast) downloading to the Zune HD combined with the AV dock --- the Zune HD+dock feature set is slowly approaching the feature set of the AppleTV (bare OS).

Personally I probably wouldn't be buying videos from the Zune marketplace, but others would probably find that useful. I can use direct podcast subscriptions though.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 AM

I think they should focus on the Internet for Firmware 4.7, but add some minor things for music, video and pictures.

Internet: Flash, WPA2-Enterprise, Youtube app, Updated browser, Tabbed Browsing, Forward, Home Page, Better java script, Overall better WiFi performance.

Music/Video/Pictures: More formats, Custom EQ.

Last edited by 2fast4u5; 04-06-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u5 View Post
I think they should focus on the Internet for Firmware 4.7, but add some minor things for music, video and pictures.

Internet: Flash, WPA2-Enterprise, Youtube app, Updated browser, Tabbed Browsing, Forward, Home Page, Better java script, Overall better WiFi performance.

Music/Video/Pictures: More formats, Custom EQ.
+1 , 4,7 needs to be internet update , music and movies are ok right now , its about time to make internet on our device better