android
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Having a lot of trouble with file management

I recently started having trouble with my Samsung S3 ever since I started creating playlists via the player itself.

When I access the S3 through My Computer, when I click into the mp3 symbol, there are duplicate files of everything.

Basically, there are two "Albums, Music, Pictures, DEVICON, etc." in the folder, each with the exact same amount of files.

I went and clicked one of the "Music" folder and deleted the whole thing itself, it disappeared. But when I refreshed the screen, the folder would reappear.

And inside the "Music" folder, half of the songs show up as the top icon in the following picture.

When I access the player through Emodio, everything works great, no problems. Same with the player itself, no problems with playback, and all the songs are there.

But I'll be purchasing a P3 next week, and I'd like to be able to transfer all the files over just by clicking "copy" and "paste". I cannot right now, because half of the songs on my S3 appear as just "File", and I cannot do anything about that.

Could it be something to do with the playlists? Because before I did, this never happened.

I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could help me out here!

Thanks a lot

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-15-2009, 01:32 PM

I forgot if I had this problem on my K5 or S5, but I think it had something to do with the playlists. If I did anything to fix it, it was probably press the reset button and format the player to start from scratch again.

As far as playlists go, I've been using this tried and true method for a while now.
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14112